Date: 28-03-24  Time: 18:56 pm

Author Topic: parking light problem?  (Read 3238 times)

drewblez

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
parking light problem?
« on: 07 April 2013, 10:37:04 pm »
I'm having problems with the parking lights on my "V" reg Fazer 600, not working. There's no power going to them. is there a separate fuse for them? if so where is it? I've looked everywhere! Even had the wife look! also my passing light not working if that's related?
A rolling sausage gathers no gravy!

drewblez

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: parking light problem?
« Reply #1 on: 07 April 2013, 10:45:02 pm »
Oh I forgot to say, need any advice in nice simple instructions. I'm not mechanically minded after all I'm a nurse & fix people. :\

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 April 2013, 01:40:44 pm »
It is the same fuse as the headlight fuse so no problem there. If the rear light also does not come on in the side pilot light position then the problem could be in the light switch contacts. If the rear does come on then it is not the switch. Have you tried putting the ignition switch  into the park position, i.e. with the handlebars turned to the left turn the ignition key anti-clockwise to just past the lock position. The pilot light and rear light should come on and as this circuit is a bit different it may give a clue. That circuit does not go through the light switch.  If the rear light does come on I would first be locking for a bad earth at the pilot light holder.
Let us know what happens.
I don't think the pass light is related but you never know.
I won't bother asking my wife for her opinion if you don't mind  ;) .

john 087

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 April 2013, 04:21:13 pm »
Had a similar problem lately, sprayed some wd 40 in the light switch and turned on and off a few times, cured the problem for me.

drewblez

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 April 2013, 07:38:14 pm »
well, i know the back lights aren't working,(the wife told me, lol) so will nip out with a can of WD after tea. its either that or ask the wife to after she has finished fixing the dish washer. as I've said I'm not very practicle.

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 April 2013, 08:24:43 pm »
Have you tried putting the ignition switch  into the park position, i.e. with the handlebars turned to the left turn the ignition key anti-clockwise to just past the lock position. The pilot light and rear light should come on and as this circuit is a bit different it may give a clue. That circuit does not go through the light switch. 
Since the back light isn't working either it gives a big clue and is looking like it's the light switch as John said.
Tell the wife to try the above test and if the lights still don't come on then the problem could be in the main (key operated) switch, a bad connection there, or a break in the blue/red wire from that switch.
As for the dish washer, what's wrong with doing the dishes manually  :\ .

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 April 2013, 08:29:53 pm »

I'm all for sexual equality.

"You go and change the gearbox on my bike love, and i'll put the kettle on."  :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

drewblez

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 April 2013, 08:54:41 pm »
Re manual dish washing, she's not keen to do it by hand.
[/size][/color][/font]
[/size][/color]Re bike,[/font]
[/color][/size]           1/2 a can of WD, repetitive strain injury from flicking the switch, (hope that [/color][/size]isn't[/color][/size] a [/color][/size]euphemism[/color][/size]?), an ear bashing from the wife, ([/color][/size]apparently[/color][/size] she [/color][/size]doesn't[/color][/size] like being [/color][/size]interrupted[/color][/size] [/color][/size]from[/color][/size] fixing the dish washer to have a look at the bloody bike) it still wont work. tried turning key to the left past [/color][/size]steering[/color][/size] lock to but that did nothing either.[/color]

drewblez

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 April 2013, 08:59:55 pm »
what the ffffffffff? it seems i [/size]cant[/color][/size] even post a reply without it going wrong. is there even any point in carrying on with the bike?   lol[/color]

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 April 2013, 09:06:02 pm »
That'll be the red.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 April 2013, 09:11:04 pm »
Chris will be on in a minute to sell you some red radiator hoses to go with your red writing  :lol

drewblez

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 April 2013, 09:17:04 pm »
what worries me is if i cant sort this what chance will i have putting the Pan European i have in my mates garage back together?

drewblez

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14 April 2013, 02:18:34 pm »
well it's sorted now. turns out it was the ignition. needed to get the [/size]professionals[/color][/size] on it in the end but wanted the [/color][/size]dam[/color][/size] thing on the road. Just need to learn basic [/color][/size]maintenance[/color][/size] for now I think as I got a slapped wrist for over tightening the chain.[/color]
[/size]Out of curiosity is it a straight forward bulb swap to upgrade to brighter bulbs or will that cause problems?[/color]

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 14 April 2013, 02:31:31 pm »
Straight swap but get one's that are advertised as plastic friendly so they don't discolour your lenses.