Date: 28-03-24  Time: 18:06 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1585747 times)

etbandung

• Cager in Training
  • Guru Bahasa Inggris
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Mio Soul GT
    • View Profile
    • Kursus Bahasa Inggris Untuk Karyawan
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #8675 on: 14 July 2021, 05:00:10 am »
Had a good whizz out on Thursday, taking advantage of the stable weather forecast. The run leader took us down even more B roads in Kent and Sussex, that I'd never ridden before, and I thought I knew a few. After an age we surfaced near Kirdford, and on to the A272 and Loomies.
Traffic wasn't too bad, so was able to enjoy most of what this road has to offer. A sandwich and a chill out in the sun, and it was back westward on the A272, towards Winchester, but turning back towards Chichester and the A27/A29, and on to Whiteways for a cuppa.
A pub stop in Kent was next on the agenda, but unexpected rain on the 272, had us dive off at Cowfold, and back on to B roads and on to the pub at Turners Hill crossroads, where shelter and a pint of Harveys, was the order of the day. From here we went our respective ways, resulting in my case, to another 237 of our lovely English miles, passing trouble free under the Fazers wheels.

rippin mate riding with fellows are the best

bald_pig

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8676 on: 16 July 2021, 10:02:32 pm »

Made some indicators to fit onto the fairing screw on the back of the bike, looks quite tidy! I've managed to break a wire on one side, so that's tomorrow's job...

the cueball

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - zx12r, H2, RC51, MT09, Pan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8677 on: 19 July 2021, 02:16:55 pm »
I'm back on the daily commute with mine... gave the calipers a rebuild last weekend and charged the battery a little bit.. all good to go again!

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #8678 on: 21 July 2021, 03:24:54 pm »
Yesterday I was up in Bristol, surfing at the Wave Pool near Cribbs Causeway.

I was supposed to be there today as well, but after getting heat stroke after a 2 hour ride in the blazing sun, a 1km walk from the car park to the pool itself and then sitting in the sun having a lesson and waiting for the waves, I decided that discretion was the better part of valour and cancelled today's booking and headed home after staying over at the Holiday Inn.

I made a (fortuitous) goof, because when I got onto the M4, I glanced down at the instruments and suddenly realised I'd forgotten to tank up (I'd planned to do it after I'd finished today's surf session).

So I took the next turn off, towards Bath and found a place to fill up, then decided that, because it was a bit cooler due to a bit of overcast, rather than head back onto the motorway, I'd carry on the way I was going because I knew there were some nice roads around that area.

I ended up on the A46 to Bath, then headed across to Chippenham, before taking the Devizes Road and the A342 down to Salisbury (stopping off at Netheravon to complete the current round of the FOC-U Bike Picture Challenge :) ) and finally taking the A36 south to pick up the M27.

I really need to find a better route from Salisbury, though. The A36 is pretty boring these days and the M27 is utterly tedious because they are upgrading it to a "smart motorway" (although I noticed at least one sign where the word "smart" had been removed!") and it's all 50mph average speed cameras at the moment and probably will be for the next year or so... :(

Still, I had some fun on some nice twisty roads which was welcome :thumbup

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8679 on: 30 July 2021, 04:29:52 pm »
(Yesterday). Having just returned from the best UK holiday, weatherwise, I’ve ever had, it was time to wake up the Fazer from her summer break.
Oil level and tyre pressures checked, followed by a quick chain lube, and she was good to go. The eventual destination was to be the Clifftop Cafe at Capel-le-Ferne, just down the road from the Battle of Britain memorial in Kent. However, a lap of Sussex’s finest A and B roads was first on the agenda, before heading eastwards to Tenterden and onwards to the A20. By keeping to the original A20, only a minimal amount (1 junction) of the M20 needs to be taken before the always exciting rip up the A260 Dover Hill, with our destination coming up on the right.
Sadly this cafe must operate the “only open when we feel like it” policy, as at 12:45pm on a Thursday, it was shut. A backtrack to the A20 and the Blue and White cafe was our plan B, which worked out ok. After soaking up some sun, coffee and a sausage sandwich, it was time to get northbound, following the A20 through Ashford until forced onto the M20 to get past Maidstone, before more A20 to get us to the pub at Farningham.
A chill out in the sun with an IPA, had us pondering our chances of a planned trip to Spain in September actually happening. Who knows, strange times indeed. The next week or so’s weather is very unsettled, so no plans for a next ride out, but happy to have put another 206 of our lovely English miles under the Fazers wheels, on what was an almost perfect day out, not counting the Clifftop Cafe disappointment, but we’ll hopefully be back again, maybe it will be open then.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #8680 on: 08 August 2021, 11:41:04 pm »
I've been having some issues with my Scotoiler recently and originally I thought it was due to a hole in the delivery tube (when it was fitted, the old tube was glued at one point and when I needed to remove the swingarm, the only thing I could do was lever it off, causing a hole :( )

I'd tried wrapping it with electrical tape and then using heat shrink tube to cover it, but neither worked and the oil still leaked out below the hole, so I bought some tubing to replace the old stuff.

I got that installed today, but it still wasn't flowing and, after a lot of cursing and checking of websites etc, I figured out that it was probably the RMV (reservoir metering valve) that holds the oil and controls how fast it flows.

The cost of a new RMV on its own was around £70 from Scottoiler or on eBay, but then I checked Facebook Marketplace and found a bloke near Southampton selling a whole (unused) kit for just £30! So I pinged him a message and he said it was still available and I could pick it up in a couple of hours :thumbup

It would only take me half an hour to get there, so I gave the bike a quick wash, then went out for a few miles of riding before picking it up (and grabbing a picture of my old University in the hope that that would more or less satisfy the current Bike Picture challenge...)

After I'd collected it, I decided to get a few more miles in so headed up towards one of my favourite routes, along the Morestead road, then back along the A272 and A32, before heading down the B2150 and cutting down through World's End.

It was a nice ride, but the only problem was that, although I'd only got caught in a little shower earlier, elsewhere it had bucketed down and there were big puddles and, in a couple of places, veritable floods!

So by the time I got back home, I had to wash the bike off again because it was filthy :(

Anyway, after that, I got the new RMV working and I don't have to use a rag and some old oil to lube the chain every time I go out now :)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #8681 on: 10 August 2021, 09:30:22 pm »
Over the past few months, my rear tyre has been losing pressure. Not drastically, but I'd pump it up before a ride, go out and enjoy it, then park up the bike for a few weeks or longer, and, by the time I was going out for another ride, it was down by about 5psi.

It's not a major issue, but it was bugging me, so today I took it up to Russ' Tyres in Burrfields to get it checked out.

I had thought I might have a nail it in, but that turned out to be just a bit of stone stuck in the rubber, so they sprayed it with bubble spray without result, then took it off and put it in a big tank of water, still without any luck.

So they took the tyre off, checked the inner, secured the valve and cleaned the valve inner, then resealed the tyre to the rim.

I still have no idea what the problem was, but, fingers crossed, that will have sorted it :thumbup

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8682 on: 11 August 2021, 03:45:22 pm »
 Took my tank off for the first time in about 2 years to check the coolant level and it was disgustingly dirty under there, so i gave it a bit of a clean. Came up alright for an 18yr old bike with a reputation for an iffy finish

FazThou

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8683 on: 11 August 2021, 07:35:03 pm »
That looks mint mate

three season

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8684 on: 11 August 2021, 09:08:56 pm »
Looks brand new, what's your cleaning technique

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8685 on: 11 August 2021, 10:59:59 pm »
 Thanks guys, Just sprayed with S Doc100 total gel cleaner and worked it in with a soft long bristle brush, rinsed it off then dried it with my blower, sprayed it lightly with GT85 and wiped off the excess.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8686 on: 15 August 2021, 06:39:34 am »
Weather this last week had been so up and down, that it was difficult to arrange a day out with the “retired crew”. The bikes throttle cables got a good lubing earlier in the week, together with a change of plugs and a carb balance. After doing the business with the Carbtune Pro, everything was hunky dory.

Thursday was the best day for everyone, but as it transpired, not the best for the weather, as fine rain started falling as we left our meeting place. This was certainly not on the weather forecast. Our lunchtime destination was the Winchelsea Beach Cafe, strangely enough, in Winchelsea. A lap of the better biking roads in Sussex got us to our lunch stop, just in time for more rain. With only outside seating, it was quite difficult cramming the four of us around the only patio table that had a parasol. The bacon bap was certainly nothing to write home about, so won’t be in a tearing hurry for a revisit.

At least the rain had stopped, with the sun struggling to put in an appearance as we left. Backtracking to Rye and onwards towards Kent, with Brenzett, Appledore and Tenterden flying by, on our way to a shandy or two at a pub near, what used to be, the Oakdene. With drinks ordered it was time to lap up the now perfect sunshine and chill out for a while. The damp squib start to the day, ended in perfect sunshine, with yet another 178 of our lovely English miles clicked up on the Fazers trip meter.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8687 on: 15 August 2021, 09:42:02 pm »
Got my thou out today after taxing it and an MOT earlier this week.
Only done 120 miles since the last one so thought I'd get it out and stretch it's legs.
Racked up around 100 miles round my local twisties and ended up in the woods for a cup of tea, pizza and a cheeky snooze in the hammock . :z

On the way home along the A228 I'm sure a passing biker on red bike  gave me the Foccer salute, I was a bit slow on the uptake as I was overtaking.
« Last Edit: 15 August 2021, 09:54:16 pm by dazza »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8688 on: 16 August 2021, 10:15:39 am »
Nice to see the Yellow Peril out doing what it does best :thumbup . The old Foccer salute has caught me out twice in the past, as I usually just give oncoming bikes a nod without concentrating too much on what model they are :lol .

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8689 on: 19 August 2021, 08:31:53 pm »
Donington Park for me next Monday (road bike day), so I thought Id get the Fazer out and give it a whizz around the dales just to make sure its fine and ready. Flipped the side stand up and struggled to push it. Double checked it was in neutral, looked at the rear and the foccin tyre was flat, no8 phillips firmly embedded bang in the centre tread.. Not enough time really to be ordering from the web, so searched around for another BT023 Notts/Derby area. Racing Lines Derby had one in stock so whipped the wheel off and dropped it off there, called back an hour and half later to pick it back up. Refitted wheel, chain tensioned etc. Will be out tomorrow on it sometime to scrub it in.

Made me think, I'm not really getting many MPS (miles per screw) out of my rubber at all, the last two went similarly, none completed more than perhaps 1,500 miles, theres so much crap on the roads

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8690 on: 19 August 2021, 08:49:05 pm »
New set of heated grips fitted, and gave the K&N air filter a clean.
Stuck the heated grips on the highest setting and let the bike tick over for 10mins, cracked the glue then the old grips just slid off nicely. Bought the same type again so no rewiring needed, just plugged them in to the wires that were already fitted.  8)
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Red Ceri

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 1260S MTS, Le Mans II, RD250C
    • View Profile
« Reply #8691 on: 20 August 2021, 10:18:37 pm »
Stared at from a distance , counting down the days.........

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8692 on: 23 August 2021, 09:42:53 pm »
Scrubbed in the new rear tyre at Donington Park, super day, Road Bikes only

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #8693 on: 23 August 2021, 11:10:27 pm »
After 10 days surfing at Croyde Bay in north Devon I rode back today on some great roads that run parallel with, but just south of the A361, meaning that, instead of a boring trundle along a dual carriageway, you get to have fun on some nice twisty bits.

There was one point where I got stuck behind a country bus for several miles on a 1 1/2 lane road and there was nowhere to get past but, fortunately (eventually!) the driver clocked that I was behind him and pulled to one side to let me pass :thumbup

There's also some similar roads that parallel the A30 to the west of Salisbury, so, all in all, I had a great ride back (even though I was knackered from the surfing...!)

Sometime in the near future, though, I need to strip and clean the throttle grip, cables and actuator, because (probably) the bike had been sitting in the sea air for a week or so and when I started off, there was a point where it would turn smoothly, then stick for a moment until I gave it an extra twist.

It stopped doing this after I'd ridden for a few miles, but it was a bit disconcerting to start with...

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #8694 on: 24 August 2021, 10:06:28 am »
Did for a 140 mile round trip on the 600 with my wife for Lunch in Kenmare town and Ice cream in the Druids Glen in Co Kerry. Odometer turned over 94000 miles on the trip. Weather was fantastic
« Last Edit: 24 August 2021, 10:09:03 am by unfazed »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8695 on: 24 August 2021, 12:44:50 pm »
Had a Cat. Converter fitted yesterday, so it's now ULEZ exempt, and it just passed the MOT today.  8)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #8696 on: 24 August 2021, 02:41:43 pm »
And its resale value has gone up by £435  ;)

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8697 on: 25 August 2021, 01:25:44 pm »
And its resale value has gone up by £435  ;)
[/quote

Once i've covered up the welds on my link pipe i could make a small fortune hiring the pipe and end can out for test days.  :rollin 
« Last Edit: 25 August 2021, 04:09:54 pm by darrsi »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #8698 on: 26 August 2021, 01:03:39 pm »
Day out on the mighty thou yesterday. A day trip to Yorkshire, Yes you read that right and if you dont know me i live in south bucks 30 ish miles west of London...left home at 6 am and headed north, A blast on the motorway M40/M25/M1 just to get a few miles under by belt and get away from the traffic strangling south. Switched to the A1M , Then onto the A15 with the plan of stopping at Lincoln for breakfast  :thumbup  ...Weather had other idea`s, A heavy shower changed my plans so i pulled into the next service station.getting low on fuel anyway, filled up with E10  :eek  and grabbed what i could from the small snack selection, Rode on further and down a small country lane and found shelter under some trees, Had about half an hour eating breakfast and watching the clouds pass and then back on the bike, That was the last rain i would see all day. had a ride through Lincoln but no time to stop and wander. I`am heading for the Humber bridge. Used this crossing many times but its still impressive every time, about 1 ish miles from shore to shore so a slow ride over admiring the view stopping both sides to take some pictures. Then onto my destination for today...SPURN HEAD...Wanted to see this place for a while now and i wasn`t disappointed. Up  until 2013 you were able to ride to the end but sadly not any more due to higher than usual tides and storms which washed the road away, Time for a walk, 6 mile round trip and well worth the effort. 3.00pm by the time i got back to the bike, a short ride into Hull and a bite to eat and its a non stop ride back home stopping in  Grantham for fuel. I did stop at some services on the A1 for fuel but £1.52 for a litre  :eek .....£1.30 in Granthan 10 mins down the road  :)

Got in at 9.30 pm with 475 miles for the day, enjoyed every mile  :) [size=78%]  [/size]
« Last Edit: 26 August 2021, 01:07:37 pm by red98 »
One, is never going to be enough.....

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #8699 on: 26 August 2021, 01:23:58 pm »
Day out on the mighty thou yesterday.

Sounds nice, but didn't you pass a *single* place with an English Heritage Blue Plaque on...?

https://foc-u.co.uk/index.php?topic=26857.msg326756#msg326756

:pokefun