Date: 01-08-21  Time: 22:26 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1154312 times)

etbandung

• Cager in Training
  • Guru Bahasa Inggris
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Mio Soul GT
    • View Profile
    • Kursus Bahasa Inggris Untuk Karyawan
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #8675 on: 14 July 2021, 05:00:10 am »
Had a good whizz out on Thursday, taking advantage of the stable weather forecast. The run leader took us down even more B roads in Kent and Sussex, that I'd never ridden before, and I thought I knew a few. After an age we surfaced near Kirdford, and on to the A272 and Loomies.
Traffic wasn't too bad, so was able to enjoy most of what this road has to offer. A sandwich and a chill out in the sun, and it was back westward on the A272, towards Winchester, but turning back towards Chichester and the A27/A29, and on to Whiteways for a cuppa.
A pub stop in Kent was next on the agenda, but unexpected rain on the 272, had us dive off at Cowfold, and back on to B roads and on to the pub at Turners Hill crossroads, where shelter and a pint of Harveys, was the order of the day. From here we went our respective ways, resulting in my case, to another 237 of our lovely English miles, passing trouble free under the Fazers wheels.

rippin mate riding with fellows are the best

bald_pig

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8676 on: 16 July 2021, 10:02:32 pm »

Made some indicators to fit onto the fairing screw on the back of the bike, looks quite tidy! I've managed to break a wire on one side, so that's tomorrow's job...

the cueball

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - zx12r, H2, RC51, MT09, Pan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8677 on: 19 July 2021, 02:16:55 pm »
I'm back on the daily commute with mine... gave the calipers a rebuild last weekend and charged the battery a little bit.. all good to go again!

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #8678 on: 21 July 2021, 03:24:54 pm »
Yesterday I was up in Bristol, surfing at the Wave Pool near Cribbs Causeway.

I was supposed to be there today as well, but after getting heat stroke after a 2 hour ride in the blazing sun, a 1km walk from the car park to the pool itself and then sitting in the sun having a lesson and waiting for the waves, I decided that discretion was the better part of valour and cancelled today's booking and headed home after staying over at the Holiday Inn.

I made a (fortuitous) goof, because when I got onto the M4, I glanced down at the instruments and suddenly realised I'd forgotten to tank up (I'd planned to do it after I'd finished today's surf session).

So I took the next turn off, towards Bath and found a place to fill up, then decided that, because it was a bit cooler due to a bit of overcast, rather than head back onto the motorway, I'd carry on the way I was going because I knew there were some nice roads around that area.

I ended up on the A46 to Bath, then headed across to Chippenham, before taking the Devizes Road and the A342 down to Salisbury (stopping off at Netheravon to complete the current round of the FOC-U Bike Picture Challenge :) ) and finally taking the A36 south to pick up the M27.

I really need to find a better route from Salisbury, though. The A36 is pretty boring these days and the M27 is utterly tedious because they are upgrading it to a "smart motorway" (although I noticed at least one sign where the word "smart" had been removed!") and it's all 50mph average speed cameras at the moment and probably will be for the next year or so... :(

Still, I had some fun on some nice twisty roads which was welcome :thumbup

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8679 on: 30 July 2021, 04:29:52 pm »
(Yesterday). Having just returned from the best UK holiday, weatherwise, I’ve ever had, it was time to wake up the Fazer from her summer break.
Oil level and tyre pressures checked, followed by a quick chain lube, and she was good to go. The eventual destination was to be the Clifftop Cafe at Capel-le-Ferne, just down the road from the Battle of Britain memorial in Kent. However, a lap of Sussex’s finest A and B roads was first on the agenda, before heading eastwards to Tenterden and onwards to the A20. By keeping to the original A20, only a minimal amount (1 junction) of the M20 needs to be taken before the always exciting rip up the A260 Dover Hill, with our destination coming up on the right.
Sadly this cafe must operate the “only open when we feel like it” policy, as at 12:45pm on a Thursday, it was shut. A backtrack to the A20 and the Blue and White cafe was our plan B, which worked out ok. After soaking up some sun, coffee and a sausage sandwich, it was time to get northbound, following the A20 through Ashford until forced onto the M20 to get past Maidstone, before more A20 to get us to the pub at Farningham.
A chill out in the sun with an IPA, had us pondering our chances of a planned trip to Spain in September actually happening. Who knows, strange times indeed. The next week or so’s weather is very unsettled, so no plans for a next ride out, but happy to have put another 206 of our lovely English miles under the Fazers wheels, on what was an almost perfect day out, not counting the Clifftop Cafe disappointment, but we’ll hopefully be back again, maybe it will be open then.