Date: 29-03-24  Time: 07:00 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1586366 times)

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #8650 on: 01 June 2021, 08:30:26 pm »
Took the Thou to Bristol airport for a business meeting - terrible traffic on the M5 in both directions.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #8651 on: 01 June 2021, 09:08:21 pm »
Not all today, but in the last few weeks.

- stripped all the cats piss gold bodywork and tank off and replaced with the faster black variety
- fitted new stanchions to the powder coated forks
- took it for a ride and notices one was leaking
- compared it to another FZS600 and realised the stanchions had some sort of spacer missing (fixed inside stanchion)
- fitted replacement forks from a later model FZS600 (adjustable ones)
- took bike for a 40 mile ride and realised there was a carb issue
- spent 90 mins in the garage today removed the carbs and cleaned the jets
- now to take it for another ride.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8652 on: 01 June 2021, 09:32:14 pm »
Not all today, but in the last few weeks.

- stripped all the cats piss gold bodywork and tank off and replaced with the faster black variety
- fitted new stanchions to the powder coated forks
- took it for a ride and notices one was leaking
- compared it to another FZS600 and realised the stanchions had some sort of spacer missing (fixed inside stanchion)
- fitted replacement forks from a later model FZS600 (adjustable ones)
- took bike for a 40 mile ride and realised there was a carb issue
- spent 90 mins in the garage today removed the carbs and cleaned the jets
- now to take it for another ride.
exhausting, at least you got the colour sorted. ;)
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

BMCfaz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8653 on: 08 June 2021, 11:12:17 pm »
Sold it, well one of them.
The Thou has gone, so it's the 600 from now on.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8654 on: 10 June 2021, 06:33:58 pm »
Took advantage of the overcast weather and had a pleasant 198 mile day out around the counties nearest to me. Took ages cleaning the bike after last weeks deluge riding home from Dorset, only to come across a burst watermain way out in the wilds of Sussex. Looks like another cleaning session is on the cards tomorrow.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8655 on: 10 June 2021, 08:52:10 pm »
Evening trackday yesterday at Donington. First since last September, rusty at the start, one ride into the gravel, progressively smoother as the evening wore on. Love it.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8656 on: 11 June 2021, 09:03:11 am »
Took advantage of the overcast weather and had a pleasant 198 mile day out around the counties nearest to me.
Oooh overcast you say. Hmmm sounds like rain. Err Maybe tomorrow.  :lol

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8657 on: 11 June 2021, 12:27:51 pm »
Took advantage of the overcast weather and had a pleasant 198 mile day out around the counties nearest to me.
Riding home from Dorset last week would have broken your heart, rain, rain, and then some rain. :lol .
The last few days in the sunny south have been a bit too hot for full leathers, which is my summer choice of riding gear, so a cloudy day was ideal for a day on the bike.  Other than the burst water main, it worked out quite well :thumbup

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8658 on: 11 June 2021, 01:09:05 pm »
Riding home from Dorset last week would have broken your heart, rain, rain, and then some rain. :lol .
The last few days in the sunny south have been a bit too hot for full leathers, which is my summer choice of riding gear, so a cloudy day was ideal for a day on the bike.  Other than the burst water main, it worked out quite well :thumbup
I have a good summer leather jacket that is mainly white with loads of perforations that works well.

« Last Edit: 11 June 2021, 01:09:36 pm by fazersharp »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8659 on: 11 June 2021, 02:46:20 pm »
I remember when you first got that jacket. Very nice, and a 46 Euro, you truly are a racing snake. My RST is perforated, but not as much as your Spidi.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8660 on: 11 June 2021, 03:23:25 pm »
I remember when you first got that jacket. Very nice, and a 46 Euro, you truly are a racing snake. My RST is perforated, but not as much as your Spidi.
I can only get a thin t shirt under it.  :lol

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8661 on: 11 June 2021, 08:45:42 pm »

RST do the same thing as that Spidi, it's called the Ventilator V. I use one myself in summer, excellent bit of kit. Feels as cool as riding in a tshirt. Mines a size 46 too but unlike sharpie's mine is the adult male size 46 🤣😜

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8662 on: 11 June 2021, 09:07:14 pm »

RST do the same thing as that Spidi, it's called the Ventilator V. I use one myself in summer, excellent bit of kit. Feels as cool as riding in a tshirt. Mines a size 46 too but unlike sharpie's mine is the adult male size 46 🤣😜
:lol

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8663 on: 11 June 2021, 09:24:33 pm »

:lol
:lol :thumbup

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8664 on: 14 June 2021, 10:55:20 am »
I hadn't intended to go out on the bike yesterday, as it was going to be a day of watching the closing stages of Le Mans 24 EWC, followed by WSB/WSS from Misano. I switched on the tv at 7am, when Le Mans coverage resumed, only to find the team I was following, YART Yamaha, had an engine failure in the night, and were out. With the SERT Suzuki 7 laps in the lead, I figured it was a done deal. I've yet to watch my recording to know if this is correct.
Right, change of plans. If I rush about I might just make the normal Sunday breakfast crew meeting place, arriving with 5 minutes to spare. The weather was due to be a scorcher, so avoiding traffic was key. It wasn't long before we were out of Kent and in to Sussex on very familiar roads. All went well until we attempted the normal dash across the marshes from Rye to Brenzett. It seemed as though every car in Sussex had homed in on this stretch, at the same time. No doubt heading, or trying to, for Camber Sands.
After managing to get turned round, it wasn't long before the chaos was behind us, and we were back on B road bliss, heading through Iden to Tenterden and onwards to Horsmonden and our new caff stop. After some munch and a chinwag, it was back on the pipe to get home for the footie, another 147 miles being dispatched by the mighty thou.

bikeral

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8665 on: 14 June 2021, 01:21:58 pm »
Well I've only managed a couple of short rides on my newly purchased Fazer Thou

However, Saturday I shall be up early for a good ride to see how the bike handles what I throw at it  :lol

I will be heading from Kent, down to Hastings for a bit of breakfast, then hitting Rye/Camber etc for the nice flowing bends. Stop at New Romney for a refreshment before heading back home

Hoping the weather is nice and dry  :)
« Last Edit: 14 June 2021, 02:37:20 pm by bikeral »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8666 on: 17 June 2021, 09:43:04 am »
Got another 201 of our lovely English miles under the Fazer's wheels yesterday. This Sundays weather forecast is due to be wet, so we hastily made arrangements to meet up yesterday, before the weather changes. It was also an opportunity to take in the Rye to Brenzett stretch, which we had to miss out last Sunday due to the volume of traffic. Did most of our favourite Kent stretches, taking in New Romney and Dymchurch for a change. The Woolpack Hotel in Chilham, was our late lunch stop, and could have got really comfortable there, sat in the sun.
The next few days are due to be poor weatherwise, but Saturday might allow my annual day trip to Cornwall, which I thought I'd do earlier this year to capitalise on the longer daylight hours. It'll be a last minute decision that's for sure.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #8667 on: 17 June 2021, 08:51:18 pm »
Yesterday I had a lovely ride up to Bristol to go surfing at the Wave Pool there in glorious sunshine!

Today, rode back, in miserable rainy weather and got stuck in loads of traffic on the A34 and M3 :(

I was planning on getting a photo for the Bike Picture Challenge on the way back, but I was so knackered and the weather was so horrible I gave up on the idea (and my bike next to a puddle probabaly wouldn't cut it...)

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8668 on: 20 June 2021, 03:12:06 pm »
(Yesterday) Day Trip to Cornwall.
Left home at 06:00 for an 06:30 petrol station rendezvous with my Versys riding pal Vernon. My local weather forecast was no rain until 20:00, so the fine rain forming on my visor, shouldn't have been happening.
After brimming the tank with some of Shells finest V Power, we were off, heading south down the A22 with clearing skies and on our way to a series of B roads to get us to the A272 west bound. This road is brilliant early in the morning with little traffic to get in our way. Soon, Billingshurst,Petworth and Midhurst, were in the rear view mirror, as we passed the Loomies junction  heading for Winchester. A quick spell on the ring road section to skirt the town, got us back on the A272 until it met the junction with the A30, which we'd then follow all the way to Honiton.
A whizz down through Stockbridge, got us to The Haven cafe for breakfast, exactly 2hrs and 105 miles since we'd set off. The healthy option was the one to go for as we'd be having lunch at our usual Cornish pub.
With the scrambled egg polished off, it was back on the bikes westward bound. At West Coker there was a Triumph, maybe a Street Triple, laying in the east bound lane, seriously on fire. Nothing could be done as it was well alight. The east bound queue behind it was a good 500 yds long, but fortunately it didn't hinder our progress. Chard saw our first petrol stop with 180 miles on the tripmeter.
Skirting Exeter, we briefly got back on the A30, before taking B roads across Dartmoor and on to Gunnislake. This year there seemed to be an abundance of foals grazing by the roadside. They're not as chilled out as the adult ponies, so a lot of care is needed in getting past them as they're very unpredictable when they decide to run. Over the last cattlegrid and back into civilisation, the villages leading to The Tamar were quickly navigated, before we pulled up next to the Cornwall sign for the obligatory photo opportunity. Then it was on to the pub where I'd booked a table, gassing up at the village petrol station on the way, so that we'd be good to go after our meal.
A couple of chilling out hours flew by, before we were saddled up and picking our way through the sheep, ponies and cattle on Dartmoor, as we made our way home. Fine rain had started, again much earlier than forecast, but pressed on until petrol was needed, where waterproofs were donned and clear visors installed. At Stockbridge I gave my pal the option of the A272 or A30, to take us home. The latter wasn't a bad call as the rain would have made the A272 not so enjoyable. All went well until we were 200 yds from the A303 which bisects the A30 at this point. The access road was closed, with diversions signs which looked like they'd been thrown in the air and left where they lay. A guess was needed, which turned out to be wrong. Eventually we got back on track, and after saying our goodbyes at a traffic light stop, it wasn't long before I was pushing the bike into the garage, with another 513 of our lovely English miles, under the Fazers wheels.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8669 on: 25 June 2021, 10:53:32 am »
Had a meet up with Flooky at Whiteways (Bury Hill), yesterday, just to drink tea and talk bollocks, as you do. Apparently the landed gentry owners are going to introduce parking charges to all vehicles very soon. I can't see the biking fraternity putting up with that, so the cafe owners, who rent the facility will lose out big time. Only 109 of our lovely English miles today. :D

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #8670 on: 26 June 2021, 06:38:48 pm »
On my way to take a photo for the Bike Picture Challenge I had a nice run up the A32, across on the A272 and then down A258 before picking up the B2146.

I had intended to go back through Petersfield and up through "Little Switzerland" (a series of sharp and hairpin bends through some lovely woods), but it's been a long time since I've been that way and they've changed the road layout in Petersfield, so I ended up on the A3 heading south past Butser Hill instead and decided I couldn't be bothered and it would take too to find a place to loop around and get back to where I wanted to be!

When I got home, I had to take the left switch-gear off the handlebars and clean out the indicator switch, because the contacts had got dirty and the indicators were playing up :)

Still, a nice 100 miles or so and good weather for it :thumbup

bald_pig

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8671 on: 27 June 2021, 03:56:15 pm »
New oil and filter, after something kicked up off the front wheel and put a hole in the filter during the week!

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8672 on: 03 July 2021, 11:08:00 am »
Had a good whizz out on Thursday, taking advantage of the stable weather forecast. The run leader took us down even more B roads in Kent and Sussex, that I'd never ridden before, and I thought I knew a few. After an age we surfaced near Kirdford, and on to the A272 and Loomies.
Traffic wasn't too bad, so was able to enjoy most of what this road has to offer. A sandwich and a chill out in the sun, and it was back westward on the A272, towards Winchester, but turning back towards Chichester and the A27/A29, and on to Whiteways for a cuppa.
A pub stop in Kent was next on the agenda, but unexpected rain on the 272, had us dive off at Cowfold, and back on to B roads and on to the pub at Turners Hill crossroads, where shelter and a pint of Harveys, was the order of the day. From here we went our respective ways, resulting in my case, to another 237 of our lovely English miles, passing trouble free under the Fazers wheels.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #8673 on: 11 July 2021, 09:20:46 pm »
After sorting out a post for the Bike Picture Challenge, I took a look at the weather and found that the rain that was predicted for 4pm was now more likely to be around 6pm and coming from the west, so I decided to go east...

I didn't really have a destination or route in mind, but I headed up the A32 past Loomies and then decided to turn right onto the A272 through Peterfield, then carried on to Milford and Petworth.

By the time I'd got ot Petworth I decided it might be nice to go up to Ryka's Cafe at Box Hill because I hadn't done that run for a while. It was a nice ride except for one point where a couple of twats on sports bike decided to blitz past so close that I could have touched them and they then went on to do some really stupid overtakes of cars ahead, crossing double white lines in the face of on-coming traffic.

Thankfully I didn't encouter any wreckage further up the road, but they were accidents waiting to happen.

Anyway, after stopping off at Ryka's for a bite to eat, I did a quick run up Zig Zag road, then back down the A24, unfortunately discovering that another couple of my favourite roads had been spoiled by arbitrary and unnecessary 40mph speed limits :(

Also, annoyingly, as I was coming back on the A272, I ran into a heavy shower which was a PITA because I'd washed the bike this morning...

Oh well, it was (mostly) a nice day for a ride!

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8674 on: 13 July 2021, 10:28:38 pm »
Yesterday, too tired to post last night. Trackday at Donington, no rain but track damp to start with, so steady as she goes in the morning sessions. Sun out and warmed up for a dry track in the afternoon. Rode smoothly, no incidents this time, but I know I wasn't as fast as in June for some reason. Hey Ho, some days you're up, some days you're not so up. Great fun though