Date: 25-04-24  Time: 02:36 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1602335 times)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #5275 on: 27 October 2015, 06:36:15 pm »
Been using the 600 for work this week, two days so far,10 miles each day, thats another 20 miles racked up    :lol
One, is never going to be enough.....

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: 27 October 2015, 07:19:45 pm »
Stripped the rear brake to have a wee check/clean.
Also took off the exhaust and gave it a wee clean and a lick of paint (unfortunately ran out of high temp paint si I just used a Tim of normal matt black) will be out on it on Thursday I hope so I imagine I'll be smelling something :lol
The nuts came off great so I was well chuffed and thanking one of the previous owners :)
« Last Edit: 27 October 2015, 07:23:55 pm by sinto »
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

stevegixer

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - bandit 12 xjr13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: 27 October 2015, 07:21:59 pm »
yesterday i had the exup fault show so removed the valve, which as you guessed was siezed solid, toojk it to work today & released it with some wd40 and a bit of time,
came home & replaced it only to find it was slightly bent, :eek so i got a straight edge & a small rubber mallet and now all sorted & replaced, happy days, :D
only had the bike since friday, really surprised the misses as it took me 3 days to get it in bits  :lol
living the dream

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: 28 October 2015, 06:30:30 am »
6 months to the day since I had my little fall, I took it for a spin on some private ground and found that, with enough painkillers down my neck I can actually ride again.

Booked in for its MoT tomorrow.  :D
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: 28 October 2015, 09:07:05 am »
6 months to the day since I had my little fall, I took it for a spin on some private ground and found that, with enough painkillers down my neck I can actually ride again.
It's only 10 weeks for me since I was wiped out, had to get in the garage yesterday and sit on the Fazer  :D
Don't know how long it'll be before I've got enough strength in my arms to ride again but I can't wait. Just to be able to do some tinkering on her would be nice but don't have the dexterity in my hands just yet  :'(

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5280 on: 29 October 2015, 07:37:56 pm »
Treated it to an oil and filter change and tightened the chain for good measure.
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist

stevegixer

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - bandit 12 xjr13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: 29 October 2015, 07:51:51 pm »
made a set of jackup dog bones in work today, as rear end was really low when i got it, ( after speaking to a mate realised it had been lowered below standard)
aint tried it yet but think it may be a bit high,will find out on ride to work tomorrow, so ordered an r6 shock off devilsyam, also  ordered an aftermarket seat .( not off devilsyam lol)
living the dream

JKay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: 29 October 2015, 08:06:20 pm »
Got home on fazer 1000, tried to key in ignition to restart it to ride into garage and it won't turn on, jammed rowlocks off to work on the suzuki dr250

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: 30 October 2015, 06:46:20 am »
It's only 10 weeks for me since I was wiped out, had to get in the garage yesterday and sit on the Fazer  :D
Don't know how long it'll be before I've got enough strength in my arms to ride again but I can't wait. Just to be able to do some tinkering on her would be nice but don't have the dexterity in my hands just yet  :'(

It's a pisser isn't it?  :(  You'll get there sooner or later.  ;)

Managed to ride mine to the Yamaha dealer and it hurt like a bastard, trying to twist my foot in to reach the gear lever. It passed the MoT though, which I'm over the moon with.

While I was there though, they let me have a play with a Tracer and a 650 V-Strom.
Found the Tracer's bars a little too wide for my liking though, but the Suzuki was the most comfortable bike I've ever sat on.
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: 30 October 2015, 01:17:37 pm »
Once rode to hospital with my leg in plaster. Doctor wasn't happy for some reason
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: 30 October 2015, 05:09:04 pm »
Once rode to hospital with my leg in plaster. Doctor wasn't happy for some reason
Lol, hope it wasn't a full leg cast! :rollin

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: 30 October 2015, 05:26:39 pm »
That reminds me of a time I was playing 5 a side football with a group of friends/family.
Done in my cartilage in my right knee and hobbled to changing room, put on my bike gear, then rode 20 + miles home, to be greeted by the (now ex) wife, who had to try and hold the bike while I made sure it was put away in the garage.  Then she took me to hospital, all in it was pretty sore but deffinetly couldn't move my leg once I got home, just as well it was only resting on the right footpeg, don't know if I'd been able to change gear if it was the left leg :b
« Last Edit: 30 October 2015, 05:27:15 pm by sinto »
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: 30 October 2015, 09:09:37 pm »
Today i changed the oil, oil filter, yesterday i swapped wheels with one of my other fazers as the bike didn't like ruts in the road or white lines. it had new tyres, but the profile was very steep, so i swapped with a flatter profile and it seems to have worked. I have 3 fazer thou gen 1's at the moment! Tomorrow i am changing the front sprocket and air filter. I hate having bikes that aren't serviced and running as they should... I should name them, so everyone knows which one i'm talking about :lol  I have my first one which i bought new in jan 2005, it is full monty 2008 r1 front end, r6 shock, carbon and loads of other stuff, second one is standard with f.s.h, third one is same colour as first one, but has earlier r1 front end,  r6 rear shock, part service history ( the one i'm servicing at the moment. I will be selling either No 2 or 3 in the next few weeks :'(
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: 31 October 2015, 01:23:06 am »
That reminds me of a time I was playing 5 a side football with a group of friends/family.
Done in my cartilage in my right knee and hobbled to changing room, put on my bike gear, then rode 20 + miles home, to be greeted by the (now ex) wife, who had to try and hold the bike while I made sure it was put away in the garage.  Then she took me to hospital, all in it was pretty sore but deffinetly couldn't move my leg once I got home, just as well it was only resting on the right footpeg, don't know if I'd been able to change gear if it was the left leg :b
Proper old school motorcycling, youth of today dont know they were born.....
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: 31 October 2015, 10:48:30 am »
I have 3 fazer thou gen 1's at the moment!  I should name them, so everyone knows which one i'm talking about :lol  I have my first one which i bought new in jan 2005, it is full monty 2008 r1 front end, r6 shock, carbon and loads of other stuff, second one is standard with f.s.h, third one is same colour as first one, but has earlier r1 front end,  r6 rear shock, part service history ( the one i'm servicing at the moment. I will be selling either No 2 or 3 in the next few weeks :'(

:useless

Pics of the line-up are required!

When I stacked my FZ750 (one week from new), I cracked the scaphoid in my right wrist. Picked the bike up and rode it straight to the dealer to order replacement parts. Got a cast put on the wrist afterwards, supposed to immobilise the thumb, but I deliberately broke the loop of it that went around my thumb so I could ride the bike. I could only get a thin inner glove over my fingers - they got foccin freezing riding up the M11 to work  :lol

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: 31 October 2015, 12:04:23 pm »
I have 3 fazer thou gen 1's at the moment!  I should name them, so everyone knows which one i'm talking about :lol  I have my first one which i bought new in jan 2005, it is full monty 2008 r1 front end, r6 shock, carbon and loads of other stuff, second one is standard with f.s.h, third one is same colour as first one, but has earlier r1 front end,  r6 rear shock, part service history ( the one i'm servicing at the moment. I will be selling either No 2 or 3 in the next few weeks :'(

:useless

Pics of the line-up are required!

When I stacked my FZ750 (one week from new), I cracked the scaphoid in my right wrist. Picked the bike up and rode it straight to the dealer to order replacement parts. Got a cast put on the wrist afterwards, supposed to immobilise the thumb, but I deliberately broke the loop of it that went around my thumb so I could ride the bike. I could only get a thin inner glove over my fingers - they got foccin freezing riding up the M11 to work  :lol

Pics as required..

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: 31 October 2015, 03:25:55 pm »
Separate pics of each don't prove you've got them all  :pokefun :lol

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: 31 October 2015, 06:08:54 pm »
 :lol  Bugger off i ain't pulling them all out the garage! Any suggestions for colour of wheel rim tape for no 3? Not red or silver ;)
« Last Edit: 31 October 2015, 06:12:08 pm by nickodemon »

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: 31 October 2015, 06:44:25 pm »
Yellow
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

Tangoman

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Kawasaki ZX400C2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: 31 October 2015, 07:24:54 pm »
Fitted a R6 shock today, not to bad to do, home tomorrow to get out and see what it feels like already notice a difference just sitting on the bike

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #5296 on: 31 October 2015, 07:51:49 pm »
:lol  Bugger off i ain't pulling them all out the garage! Any suggestions for colour of wheel rim tape for no 3? Not red or silver ;)

Black :)

Mike01

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Africa Twin AS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: 31 October 2015, 08:01:52 pm »

White with blue maybe  :D

To become old and wise you have to have been young and stupid......

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: 31 October 2015, 08:19:06 pm »

Black :)
:lol

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: 31 October 2015, 08:23:09 pm »

White with blue maybe  :D

Not too keen on white..... I dont know how to do it but are there not ways of overlaying a picture with different colours, so i can look at them? I am thinking of a light purple shade...