Date: 25-04-24  Time: 12:24 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1602765 times)

Mike01

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Africa Twin AS
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #6600 on: 12 November 2016, 01:44:33 pm »
Fitted a Coffmans exhaust to my FZ.... 80 mile ride.... fook its loud  :lol :lol

Gotta be totally illegal surely???

Probably!
When cruising on the motorway it's only slightly louder than my Akra. It's in built up areas it sounds very angry 😂
To become old and wise you have to have been young and stupid......

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6601 on: 12 November 2016, 05:35:00 pm »
Fitted a Coffmans exhaust to my FZ.... 80 mile ride.... fook its loud  :lol :lol

Gotta be totally illegal surely???

Probably!
When cruising on the motorway it's only slightly louder than my Akra. It's in built up areas it sounds very angry 😂

I've got a Moto GP exhaust that's loud, but without the baffle i see people turning their heads towards me 100 metres ahead.
Sounds awesome but can get a bit monotonous after a while, and can obviously draw unwanted attention too.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6602 on: 12 November 2016, 05:42:20 pm »

I've got a Moto GP exhaust that's loud, but without the baffle i see people turning their heads towards me 100 metres ahead.
Sounds awesome but can get a bit monotonous after a while, and can obviously draw unwanted attention too.

My Street Triple is like that, and that's with the baffle in! On busy high streets, it feels to me like everyone looks around with a "WTF is that?!" expression on their faces, and in nice quiet places like the Lake District, it's frankly an embarrassment  :o
Trouble is, it's a large part of the character of the bike, and to quieten it down would largely destroy that. What to do?!  :'(

TOADY

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6603 on: 12 November 2016, 06:07:57 pm »
Took the 600 for its not.  Flew through with no advisories  :)
my momma always says, stupid is as stupid does.
that's all i gotta say about that

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6604 on: 12 November 2016, 09:31:39 pm »

How did you get on with the light problem?

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6605 on: 13 November 2016, 09:45:35 am »

My Street Triple is like that, and that's with the baffle in! On busy high streets, it feels to me like everyone looks around with a "WTF is that?!" expression on their faces, and in nice quiet places like the Lake District, it's frankly an embarrassment  :o
Trouble is, it's a large part of the character of the bike, and to quieten it down would largely destroy that. What to do?!  :'(

Buy a tinted visor then snigger to yourself when you throttle blip and make the old ladies jump 😁😂

TOADY

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6606 on: 13 November 2016, 10:34:36 am »

How did you get on with the light problem?

Lights all sorted now Tommy. The connector wasn't as corroded as I thought it would be. Quick clean up and a spray of silicone spray and it's all good. Thanks for the advice. My next mission will be to replace the clock and idiot lights with capless led bulbs

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6607 on: 13 November 2016, 07:25:42 pm »

Buy a tinted visor then snigger to yourself when you throttle blip and make the old ladies jump 😁😂

Noisy race cans upset so many people and don't always help with filtering plus they can piss people off.

I have a Pipewerxs race can on my 600, it has a raspy note when given beens (Bit like myself) but in traffic it is acceptable, bimbling through town it does not cause heads to turn. on long runs at 70 or 80 it has pleasantly loud rasp at 120 its bordering on being downright loud.
I did take the baffle out of it at one point but it was stupid loud so back in it went, any way I like the look of the Pipewerxs baffle in place see pic

A really loud can upsets you neighbours when you leave home early for work, it can also piss them off at night when you turn up back home after midnight, as commented earlier it draws the attention of the Old Bill, if they can hear you coming from half a mile away it gives the plenty of time to get the radar gun out. 

To be honest a really loud exhaust note is fatiguing on a long run.scaring the shit out of motorists

I have seen it happen a few time when sat at red traffic light a big bike comes filtering up (Often much to fast for their own safety) between the rows of cars blipping his throttle and scaring the crap out of unsuspecting car drivers, only to find a car driver (Usually a BMW) feels that he is being bullied to get out the way then shuts the door on the bike not allowing him through, often a row ensues with the biker getting lairy shouting obscenities at the driver, but, the biker is at a disadvantage, he is sat astride a bike that he is not able to drop onto its side stand because of lack of room between the cars, the car driver is out of the car with all the room in the world to shove the bike over or land a swift punch through the open visor, it is usually open because the biker has been giving it large at the driver.
Must admit I have never seen the last part of that scenario but would love to. I think its called artistic licence   :lol
« Last Edit: 13 November 2016, 07:28:50 pm by tommyardin »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6608 on: 13 November 2016, 07:35:59 pm »
Looking at the side view picture of my Pipewerxs Can someone is going to ask why I have a dropper bracket from the rear peg mounting point to the can, if you look about 50 mm or 2 inches behind the strap bracket that goes around the body of the can you will see a small round dent in the can, stiletto heeled boots, I dropped the can by 50 mm and no longer a problem.  :rolleyes 

My mate wild plum (Terry) insists on wearing them the big tart :rollin :rollin :rollin Actually it is the Mrs really :D

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6609 on: 15 November 2016, 03:46:42 pm »
Do you get the feeling that the above is an advertising campaign as the wiper is Rainpal as is the poster.
I have a better way of getting the rain off you helmet, keep your flies done up, or, don't ride in the foccing rain.  :lol

What you don't see in the video in the post above, is the 12 volt battery and the 5 litre water bottle cable tied to the back of your helmet.  :eek

Another setback with this product is the visor wash water runs down you foccing neck  :'(
Here is the finished product.

Ahhh! Crowd Funding
« Last Edit: 15 November 2016, 03:52:25 pm by tommyardin »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #6610 on: 19 November 2016, 11:14:22 am »
Oooooooooops   :o   just checked MOT, ran out on the 8th   :o
One, is never going to be enough.....

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #6611 on: 19 November 2016, 11:40:39 am »
Your slipping red ;)

TOADY

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6612 on: 19 November 2016, 01:47:12 pm »
Swore a lot as battery dead due to frost  :rolleyes
New battery ordered

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6613 on: 19 November 2016, 02:10:19 pm »
Quote from: kitcrazlink=topic=6412.msg246036#msg246036 date=1479555639
Your slipping red ;)

yep......iam well and truly on the long slippery down hill slope of life     :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6614 on: 19 November 2016, 09:15:37 pm »
Quote from: kitcrazlink=topic=6412.msg246036#msg246036 date=1479555639
Your slipping red ;)

yep......iam well and truly on the long slippery down hill slope of life     :lol

Ha ha! Red at least you still on the slope, what ever direction i look in it's up foccing hill now. LOL! :agree

« Last Edit: 19 November 2016, 09:16:45 pm by tommyardin »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6615 on: 23 November 2016, 07:24:44 pm »
Booked the boxeye in for a MOT.......8.30 monday.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: 27 November 2016, 12:35:20 am »
Hi,
Well I have been looking at fork emulators for my baby, she’s a FZS600 Foxeye 2002, but 2003 registered.
Evilbay has the Race Tech Gold emulators, but they want £130 - £145 for them including postage, but, you may end up paying another £30 to £50 import duty on them making it an expensive item. Close on £200 with postage and tax.
Duck Fat I thought.
My Son is in St Louis at Uni, so, I thought I would try and source them over there and get him to bring them back and call them a Christmas Gift, that way no import tax.
I contacted/phoned a company called ‘Cycle House Performance’ of St Louis and asked the question, direct from them with the best discount he could apply they still came out at £123-00 GBP, with the £ doing poorly against the $ (Thank you Brexit :grumble ) but it was still a good saving on the fleaBay prices.
So I WhatsApped my boy and asked him if he was able to help, ‘Yes Dad of course’
Right back on the puter, to place the order, I had just got to ‘Cycle House Performance’ webpage and the Mrs called supper time :grumble Grrrr.
I got back to the puter after necking back my Chilli (Which it was not) and the web page had gone, either my screen saver was playing joke or maybe the site just timed out.
I started over again by typing in ‘Fork Emulators’ into the Gargoyle search engine and it came up with a Wemoto site hit, so I thought I would take a look and Lo & Behold they do emulators to fit the FZS 600, (Not the easiest site to navigate but Ho Hum) they do YSS emulators for £71.71 including VAT and P&P. I had a mooch about the internet and it seems that YSS have a good reputation when it comes to tuning parts and especially suspension upgrades. Order placed.The other good thing about finding the YSS units is that the Race Tech Gold emulator is 38mm wide at the point where it seats into the top ofthe damper rods. (Same emulator as the Suzuki SV650) they don't do a 36mm one.The FZS 600 damper rod top seating is 36mm inside Dia, meaning you will need to get the inside top of the FZS 600 damper rod machined out by 1mm to accept the Race Tech Gold emulator.(I know 1mm don’t sound right, but think about it)The other good thing is that as the YSS emulator is made for the FZS 600 and is 36mm at the seat, another monetary saving and not having the hassle of this machining being done and of course time involved.Wow! I have made a start on my suspension upgrades, at the start of it all I was just going to change the oil in the front legs for 15 weight, but, got talking to someone on here and it seems to have developed into linear springs and emulators, as well as the Nitron mono-shock at the blunt end.Damn! These helpful and knowledgeable Foccers are costing me a fortune.Thank you (You know who I mean) for all your advice and knowledge ofthe FZS 600 suspension.I really looking forward to the spring (That’s the seasonal spring not the linear one) to try it out.One very happy and excited old boy. :lol  I think I'm getting a stiffy thinking about it. :rolleyes
tommy.
« Last Edit: 27 November 2016, 12:37:36 am by tommyardin »

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: 27 November 2016, 08:41:59 pm »
No idea what you are talking bout so I looked on the wemoto site and saw a couple of different fork springs mmmm :)
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #6618 on: 27 November 2016, 08:53:06 pm »
No idea what you are talking bout so I looked on the wemoto site and saw a couple of different fork springs mmmm :)

I think he means these:

http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/yamaha/fzs_600_fazer/98-99/picture/fork_valves/

Look like a good mod to me  :D

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: 27 November 2016, 09:18:18 pm »

I think he means these:

So with those and the springs we really can upgrade our forks?
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: 27 November 2016, 09:31:45 pm »

I think he means these:

They are indeed the very thing £71.71 inc Vat and P&P.  Mine came up on the Web page as 2002 -2003, because that was the year search I did, but I believe they are exactly the same unit to fit the 41mm O/D & 36mm I/D leg/stanchion .
A massive saving on the Race Tech Jobs, 

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: 27 November 2016, 10:01:50 pm »

I think he means these:

So with those and the springs we really can upgrade our forks?

The forks springs on the Wemoto site are progressive springs, (Hagon is one make but can't remember the make of the others) some guys like  progressives as I believe they are good for touring, that's my understanding anyway, as they sacrifice a little bit of handling for rider comfort.

I don't do long ride outs anymore and would certainly not go touring, most of my rides are 100 miles or less so I am opting for the linear springs, again I have been given good advice on this, they are generally a little firmer but the damping is constant, so there should be no diving if the bike hits bumps while cornering, thereby stabilising the handling.

None of this is my knowledge, but, gleaned from another FOC-U member.

Skipper do a search on FOC-U and read up about the fork upgrade (That's what I have done) there is so much written on here about it, and the best way forward with the work that needs to be done to complete the upgrade.

Look for post by Kebab19 he is the Bogs Dollocks when it comes to front forks and emulators.

Exciting stuff
« Last Edit: 27 November 2016, 10:06:55 pm by tommyardin »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: 27 November 2016, 11:28:00 pm »
Hi Skipper,
Here is some good bedtime reading.
Kebab19's GOLD VALVE modification for FZS600 forks      :woot

But bear in mind that the YSS emulators are the correct size for the FZS 600 forks (36 mm) so no machining or grinding of the top of the damper rods is needed.
I would be interested to hear Kebab19's opinion on the YSS emulators, if you see this post Kebab19 can you respond. Cheers again buddy. :kiss he he

« Last Edit: 27 November 2016, 11:28:41 pm by tommyardin »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: 28 November 2016, 09:18:59 am »

Another year , another MOT , another pass        :D

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: 28 November 2016, 09:33:34 am »

Another year , another MOT , another pass        :D
Good result  :thumbup