Date: 26-04-24  Time: 23:37 pm

Author Topic: Replacement mirrors  (Read 9602 times)

fazermike

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Indian scout
    • View Profile
Replacement mirrors
« on: 21 January 2013, 08:43:02 pm »
Hi,

I love the look of my blue gen1 Fazer but I have never been a fan of those "bug like" mirrors they look like an after thought! imho

So I have been thinking about replacing them........

I have seen some pics of handle bar mounted mirrors,with the fairing ones removed and blanked off but not too sure about that  :rolleyes

I would prefer to fit some fairing mounted replacement mirrors which look similar to the Fazer 600 ones which look more like they belong to the bike.

Any ideas?

Thanks.   :)

spoonlamp

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement mirrors
« Reply #1 on: 21 January 2013, 09:23:16 pm »
Interesting - most folks looking to change their 600 mirrors aim for the standard thou ones...

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 January 2013, 09:30:37 am »
i looked for ages aswell..its a to do for me cos i dont like em either. i couldnt find any fairing mounted ones but karlo on this forum has bar mounted ones on his bike.check his picture. these r the links he sent me. he told me that the left mirror catches a little on full lock. shudnnt matter unless ur a gymkhana master

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-Integrated-LED-Indicators-Side-Mirrors-Black-/280508322869?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item414f995435

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Mirror-Adaptor-allows-10mm-mirror-to-fit-Yamaha-/190309084338?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2c4f4e2cb2
« Last Edit: 22 January 2013, 09:32:09 am by Exupnut »
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

fazermike

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Indian scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 January 2013, 12:30:23 pm »
i looked for ages aswell..its a to do for me cos i dont like em either. i couldnt find any fairing mounted ones but karlo on this forum has bar mounted ones on his bike.check his picture. these r the links he sent me. he told me that the left mirror catches a little on full lock. shudnnt matter unless ur a gymkhana master

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-Integrated-LED-Indicators-Side-Mirrors-Black-/280508322869?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item414f995435

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Mirror-Adaptor-allows-10mm-mirror-to-fit-Yamaha-/190309084338?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2c4f4e2cb2

Thanks for the links  :)

I'm reaslly not that keen on having handlebar mounted ones though  :(

Did you try looking  at R1 or sports bike mirrors? as I was wondering if the fittings would be the same?

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 January 2013, 12:48:41 pm »
I have also been thinking about different mirrors. I don't mind the look of them its the fact I can see almost nothing behind me no matter how I adjust them. I am forver looking behind me because I cant see things until they are almost beside me.

Not wanting to hijack the thread will just be interested in any options people have. cheers,
Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 January 2013, 01:17:56 pm »
Imho the mirrors r functional but i always have to move me elbow in a bit. Not too bad wen u get used to it. But they aint arf ugly.
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

fazermike

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Indian scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 January 2013, 07:47:34 pm »
I just think they ruin the look of a very pretty bike! makes it look like an insect!

I did a handlebar conversion on my SV650s and fitted dirt bike bars to it but retained the fairing mounted mirrors and they worked just fine.

Hopefully I can do something similar to the Fazer  :)

fazermike

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Indian scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 January 2013, 10:33:38 pm »
I'm going to buy some pattern R1 mirrors from eBay and give them a try :)

Not too worried if they are no good as they are only £10 for a pair O0

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 January 2013, 11:21:00 pm »
post a link fazermike.i wanna see wot ur thinkin about.

fazermike

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Indian scout
    • View Profile

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 January 2013, 07:49:48 am »
Thanks fazermike.  Do u think they r pretty much the same as what we already have?  I dont thinl these will make much difference imho. Could be wrong tho. I think we shud go the way of "karlo"

spoonlamp

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 January 2013, 10:45:40 pm »
Here it is  :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261080804094?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

What are the chances of these fitting the gen 1 FZS600? I'm having a nightmare getting better mirrors for mine...

fazermike

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Indian scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27 January 2013, 10:22:59 am »
Thanks fazermike.  Do u think they r pretty much the same as what we already have?  I dont thinl these will make much difference imho. Could be wrong tho. I think we shud go the way of "karlo"

They pattern R1/R6 mirrors which look similar but shorter which is what I want not sure if they will even fit but at £11 inc postage it's worth trying :-)

fazermike

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Indian scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 January 2013, 10:35:12 am »

They pattern R1/R6 mirrors which look similar but shorter which is what I want not sure if they will even fit but at £11 inc postage it's worth trying :-)

Not sure if they will be any better than your originals (what is the problem?) I want them for looks rather than anything else.
And they can hardly be any worse for seeing what's behind you!

Fazermax

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - vmax
    • View Profile
    • Custom Vmax Services
« Reply #14 on: 28 January 2013, 01:07:49 pm »
Had these on a previous Vmax, worked well, & very clear.
www.customvmaxservices.co.uk  & www.vmaxbitz.co.uk

« Last Edit: 28 January 2013, 01:11:21 pm by Fazermax »
Owner of Custom Vmax Services, & FZ1s owner.
www.customvmaxservices.co.uk

fazermike

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Indian scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 28 January 2013, 04:58:26 pm »
Had these on a previous Vmax, worked well, & very clear.
www.customvmaxservices.co.uk  & www.vmaxbitz.co.uk

Wow! awesome vmax!!

I did consider bar end mirrors and they do look good but seeing as they are on the end of the bars it makes the bike even wider when filtering and being an ex courier I filter a lot!

fazermike

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Indian scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 February 2013, 11:51:18 am »
fitted those R1 mirrors and they are next to useless :0( probably try bar end ones now

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: 09 February 2013, 01:02:31 pm »
Nice V-Max
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

fazermike

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Indian scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 February 2013, 10:57:32 pm »

you were right they made no difference really just a little shorter and still ugly!

AyJay

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 February 2013, 12:04:46 am »
It's funny, but the more you look at the mirrors on a Fazer the more that's all you can see. They seem to have a hypnotic effect and pull you in. They do make it look weird.

I decided to just stop looking at them . . . all I can see now is the colossal amount of corrosion after all the salt this winter .. . ..

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 February 2013, 09:59:24 am »

you were right they made no difference really just a little shorter and still ugly!

yeah...thought so....u just gott move ur arm more to see the bloody things..oh well :'(

fazermike

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Indian scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 14 February 2013, 04:09:09 pm »
I reckon on going down the "barend" route now if I can find some nice ones that don't stick out too much! as I don't want to be as wide as a Goldwing!!