Date: 25-04-24  Time: 13:46 pm

Author Topic: November 2012 - 40,000 UP! And some experiences from the last 7 days...  (Read 926 times)

Ben Diesel

• Foc-u Pikey
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR750FS FJR1300
    • View Profile
Well, the thou clicked over 40k this week. It's due a new chain and sprockets, they're in the garage ready to fit. But an eventful last 7 days so I thought I would share.

Monday - the rear Avon Storm 2 Ultra punctured on my way home from work, 3 miles from home. I managed to wobble the old girl back to base, booked a tyre change (on my drive at 08.30 - thank you as ever to Nick Challinor at NC Motorcycle Tyres). The Avon was down to the bars after 15,868 miles (yes that's right - nearly 16k from a rear tyre on a FZ1). I swapped to the VFR for my daily commute.

I commute into Northampton via the A14 and A43. The last 3 miles or so is solid queuing traffic and it's the reason why I use the bike. I reckon it saves me half an hour a day. But why, when I'm filtering past the outside of the queue at about 20mph, do some drivers coming in the OPPOSITE direction, believe it's absolutely necessary to track towards the centre line, as if they're trying to give me a nudge? Especially the truck driver on Thursday morning, who was so foccin' angry he was flashing his headlights and waving at me so violently, there is no way he could have been in control of his vehicle?

And that evening. First, to the driver of the Type R who tried to turn me into a mobile Armco barrier on Tavalera Way - foc off. Second, to the driver of the 911 who followed me down the slip road onto the A14 - could I please have back the rubber you nicked off my new rear tyre? You'll find it smeared across your front bumper and  headlights.

Still alive.

Just.