Date: 28-04-24  Time: 00:55 am

Author Topic: Anyone got photos of an S2 swingarm?  (Read 2500 times)

AdieR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Anyone got photos of an S2 swingarm?
« on: 22 September 2012, 06:55:55 pm »
My bike just got decked by a car at work (6 months after being decked by a van; I'm not having much success with this bike...), RHS of swingarm has a bend which isn't in the LHS and there appears to be confusion as to whether that bend is meant to be there (I'm bloody sure it wasn't bent before).

Cheers.

AdieR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone got photos of an S2 swingarm?
« Reply #2 on: 24 September 2012, 02:31:45 am »
Nice one Solorider, cheers. Looking at that, mine might not be as bad as I thought.

Apparently the garage have ordered a swingarm and hugger as part of the ins quote anyway - hugger is split and swingarm is quite deeply scratched and marked anyway.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #3 on: 24 September 2012, 11:23:39 am »
Apparently the garage have ordered a swingarm and hugger as part of the ins quote anyway - hugger is split and swingarm is quite deeply scratched and marked anyway.

In which case I'd take the swap. It might be alright, it might not, but personally I'd prefer not to take the chance of the rear end suddenly giving way!  :eek

AdieR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 September 2012, 11:57:31 am »
That's precisely what went through my mind Grahamm - when I looked at in daylight (it were dark when it got banged), the usual surface dirt / marks laid by the hugger position seemed out to the RHS by 3-4mm (not much, but enough to be a concern), coupled with an obvious rear-end twist (looking at the back of the bike, lowish down, the pillion pegs were obviously out of sync) - again, in the dark, I put it down to possible subframe damage initially until I saw the swingarm in daylight.

It's currently in my usual bike shop (and they're pretty good, what they don't know about bikes isn't worth knowing), they reckoned it maybe looks worse than it actually is.