Date: 19-04-24  Time: 16:45 pm

Author Topic: Paint disaster  (Read 728 times)

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Paint disaster
« on: 15 June 2022, 05:00:45 pm »
I was on the step ladder in my garage trying to get a fold up chair down from off the boards on the trusses, pushed a board away from me to get at it, and knocked a 2.5 litre tin of paint off down onto the floor, where the lid flew off and the contents exploded out all over the hydraulic lift platform ( with the fazer on it), the floor and the wall. I shot down and wheeled the bike off the platform 5 metres up the (newly paved £10K) drive, put the bike on its side stand, then realised the the paint was all over the tyres too. Hence a vinyl silk trail from the door to the bike. Much scrubbing and hosing later, the drive is 99% clear, the bike less so. Perhaps 85% clear, and im not concerned about the paint on the tyres and exhaust as that will rub off on the road and burn off. Modern domestic paints dry so quickly these days

FazThou

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Paint disaster
« Reply #1 on: 15 June 2022, 05:36:42 pm »
Doh !!!

Hopefully some warm soapy water will get it clean for you

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 June 2022, 08:27:06 pm »
oh dear, sounds about as bad as what a so called mate did to the tank on my GSF1250. Essentially put the think in a bin bag and rested it against a wall, petrol came out of the cap and ran down the middles of the tank stripping off all the paint.

beuleux

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 June 2022, 10:56:28 pm »
Wow that is an epic disaster, now I don't feel so bad about clipping my mirror wheeling the cement mixer into the garage 😅
*Disclaimer*
Nothing I say should in any way be taken as a good idea 😄