Date: 25-04-24  Time: 12:17 pm

Author Topic: New member from the states!  (Read 861 times)

Duckmang

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
New member from the states!
« on: 23 April 2022, 08:20:15 pm »
New member from Denver, Colorado.  With gas prices going through the F-ing roof I've decided to bring my '01 "FZ1" out of mothballs.  I last registered it in 2015, but hadn't ridden it much in the few years prior to that. 

First on the list is to re-spring the forks with new bushings.  Fork oil leaking down into the calipers while sitting has new brake pads on the list too.  I'm also considering swapping in the BMW rear shock.

FWIW, my baby is an early production example, 000060, black on silver.  Ivanized w/K&N, 16/46, with the multigauge installed and a bit of custom lighting.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
Re: New member from the states!
« Reply #1 on: 26 April 2022, 06:10:50 pm »
Welcome Duckmang, hope you enjoy your Fazer (Effzee 1) once it’s completely out of mothballs. Don’t forget to give the exup a quick service, as it’s often forgotten until it goes tits up :lol . You’ve certainly got some ace roads to ride in your locality. Did some riding in the Rockies about 25 years ago, amazing. :thumbup
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

beuleux

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2022, 08:08:17 pm »
Hiya and happy fazering 👍
*Disclaimer*
Nothing I say should in any way be taken as a good idea 😄

notsofast

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - GSXR600
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 April 2022, 09:16:05 pm »
Hello and welcome - Nice bike

Duckmang

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 April 2022, 04:20:47 am »
Thanks for the welcome.  I've owned her since 2006.  Yes, the bike is a her, and her name is Miho.  I had previously owned an 86 FZX 700S Fazer and loved that bike.  Fell on hard times and had to sell it but promised myself at the time that I would replace it with an FZ1 when better days came around.  Even though we got badged "FZ1" here in the states,  coming from that 86 she's always been a "Fazer" in my heart. 

I've taken a few rides in the mountains but it always seems like I get caught in an endless stream of slow-pokin cagers.  I've mostly just used the FZ1 for commuting, hopeful to do some more touring with it this go round.

I used to be active on the FZ1OA, but that site seems to have dwindled.  Glad to find more like minded people here.  Having been away from it for so long, I'm a bit surprised to see the FZ1 (Fazer)  still has such a hardcore following.  Seems like what I used to say still rings true... Its not the best at anything but its a 9 out of 10 at everything. 8)