Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZS600 Fazer

Boz Boz Build 2.0

<< < (2/4) > >>

bozboz:
Bugger. I've fit the engine today with it on the floor and me slotting the freshly powder coated frame over the top. All bolted up only to realise I forgot to put the airbox in the frame first! Is there a way to get the airbox in without removing the engine again?

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

bozboz:

--- Quote from: bozboz on 02 October 2021, 04:13:59 pm ---Bugger. I've fit the engine today with it on the floor and me slotting the freshly powder coated frame over the top. All bolted up only to realise I forgot to put the airbox in the frame first! Is there a way to get the airbox in without removing the engine again?

--- End quote ---
Update incase anyone else gets in the same situation. You can remove/fit airbox with engine in but you need to split airbox and take off the lid and also the carbs obviously not in and carb rubbers removed from engine!

FazThou:
Good work mate dont forget the pics

bozboz:
So bike pics are as follows: semi stripped down, new powedercoated frame, engine in frame, carbs rebuilt and the SOB carb bolt which put up a fight!

Jobs done so far,

Air filter changed (Pipercross)
New sparkies (NGK)
Carbs new seals, jets and reset pilots to 2.5 turns.
New clutch push rod and ball bearing
New inlet rubbers and bungs
New exhaust studs stainless Steel (2 repaired threads only wahoo!)
K&N oil filter

Question: the tourmax carb rebuild kit, should I be checking float heights and if so how???

Picture to follow of current state....

bozboz:
Still in the kitchen!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version