Date: 16-04-24  Time: 16:09 pm

Author Topic: New FZS600 owner  (Read 1253 times)

Fly

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
New FZS600 owner
« on: 25 July 2021, 12:10:49 am »
Hi all,
ever since the FZS600 first appeared I have thought it is the best all round bike ever built.
For a long time I have waited for the circumstances to be right and it finally happened last Sunday.
I knew I wanted a very good, low miles Foxeye.

Up came a 2002 foxeye  in North Devon and I badgered the owner into letting me see it first despite not being the first to say I wanted it.  I did this by promising to head down immediately and pay full asking price because it was more than reasonable anyway.

I now have an immaculate blue FZS600 sitting in my garage with a genuine 18000 miles on it. 
Every time I look at it I am increasingly amazed at its condition with original toolkit, olive green bolts and fittings.

The only issue the bike had was that since sitting around after its April MoT the back brake had somehow got a little air in it and a couple of minutes bleeding was required.

All fluids were like new, including the oil and coolant, the bike really is a credit to its four previous owners.

No silly add ons, just a Powerbronze double bubble, charger lead, hugger and fender extender to help keep it immaculate.  It had some riser dog bones fitted but they have now been swapped back to the originals that came with it.

To say I am well chuffed is an understatement. 

Until visiting this forum, I had no idea about the front sprocket issue so I whipped of the sprocket cover to find the bike nearly as clean inside.  I think the chain and sprocket may be original from the factory but also has virtually no sign of wear.  The sprocket nut is the un modified one but is also still tight on the output shaft and securely locked in place on two faces so I am not going to disturb it before the chain and sprockets are worn out. I ordered a modified nut kit from my local Yamaha dealer today so this site has already been an invaluable source of information for me.

Thanks guys👍

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: New FZS600 owner
« Reply #1 on: 25 July 2021, 06:22:06 pm »
Welcome to the forum, lucky you getting a really good one, more than capable running in excess of 100,000 miles with a little maintenance.

As a word of advice; I would change the nut now regardless of how it looks or feels. 

Another thing  :useless

Fly

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2021, 09:51:49 pm »
Not good with IT but hope a piccy is attached.  I forgot it has a full stainless Fuel Exhaust system.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 July 2021, 12:01:43 am »
Nice, completely unmolested :)

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 July 2021, 11:37:30 am »
A good choice. Low mileage unmolested ones are getting hard to find now. Looks nice.