Date: 29-03-24  Time: 13:51 pm

Author Topic: Neutral light fault after replacing exhaust valve control cables  (Read 713 times)

roxburd

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Hey all,

2001 FZS 1000

I've just replaced my exhaust valve control cables and now have a fault with my neutral light!!!

Just wondered if anyone's seen this before. It's intermittent - just occasionally, the neutral light fails to come on when it should. Most of the time it works fine.

I guess I've disturbed the circuit somehow. I've traced the sensor line through the block connector in the left-hand fairing (blue/white wire), through the block connector on the left of the seat to the bullet connector on the right of the seat (black wires) and then on to the sensor. The sensor is a bugger to locate! Eventually found it on the left rear of the engine behind the coolant tank.

Having had all those connectors apart, wiggled them and re-connected them, the fault was gone... then, on my test ride, the fault came back just briefly.

Anyone seen that before? Is there a connector on the sensor itself that I might have disturbed? Or maybe I've broken the wire where it meets the sensor while I was running the new exhaust cables into place - it was a bit tight/awkward getting them in.

Any ideas welcome.

Cheers,
Dave

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: Neutral light fault after replacing exhaust valve control cables
« Reply #1 on: 25 July 2021, 10:59:20 am »
Probably dislodged the connector on the Switch when pushing the cables down the back of the engine