General > General

Metal plate for bike turntable

(1/2) > >>

Grahamm:
Paging the Foc-U fount of all knowledge...

I'm getting the shed where I store my bike modified to allow me to ride my bike in and out of a nice wide door instead of having to push it back and forth to get through a narrow door and into the alleyway.

As such, I'm going to use one of these "lazy susan" bearings to make a turntable.

I've seen some that have a square section of what appears to be 18mm plywood on top, but, if possible, I'd like to use a thinner metal plate instead (possibly with a no-skid surface).

The idea is that I ride the bike into the shed and then the turntable goes under the centre stand so I can them pivot the bike around 180 degrees so I can ride it out again, but I need the plate to be strong enough that it won't distort without being as thick as the plywood.

Can anyone give me an idea of how thick the metal should be to handle about 200kg of bike?

PS Yes, I know some people spin the bike on the sidestand but a) I can't do that, I've tried and b) I've already had one sidestand shear off because it was being stressed in the wrong ways and they are *not* designed to be used like that, that's why I'm doing the turntable instead.

Gnasher:
You need one of these, works a treat.
https://www.sealey.co.uk/product/5637755314/motorcycle-centre-stand-moving-dolly

vinnyb:
Motorcycle MAT Turntable – Movetech UK Online Shop (movetechukshop.co.uk)

I've been using one of these for years and they work really well.

Grahamm:
I've already bought the part mentioned in the OP, I just need a metal plate to go on top of it.

But what I need to know is how thick I'd need the plate to be so it wouldn't bend...  :eek

agricola:
I would think 6mm Graham.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version