Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZS600 Fazer

E10 Petrol

<< < (2/5) > >>

Trebus:
It will just be another excuse to raise the price of the
‘E5 good stuff’ which incidentally is shit compared with the pre ethanol days.

Also note that pump prices are essentially at an all time UK high at £1.30 per litre. The last time pump prices were comparable in 2014, oil then was $120 a barrel. Today it is $75.

E10 foc u.

darrsi:

--- Quote from: Trebus on 25 June 2021, 10:47:17 pm ---It will just be another excuse to raise the price of the
‘E5 good stuff’ which incidentally is shit compared with the pre ethanol days.

Also note that pump prices are essentially at an all time UK high at £1.30 per litre. The last time pump prices were comparable in 2014, oil then was $120 a barrel. Today it is $75.

E10 foc u.

--- End quote ---

As I mentioned in the other post, ESSO Supreme 99 has ZERO ethanol in it, but due to legalities the pump has to display an E5 sticker as it actually stands for "up to 5% ethanol".

Trebus:
Yep, I’m aware of that option but thanks for mentioning.

StreetFzr:
It’s easy enough to remove the ethanol from the petrol if you want to, there’s a guide on eBay but it’s basically done by adding water to the petrol in a clear bottle (use food colourant to identify easier) and then siphoning the remaining clear petrol off

darrsi:
I seriously don't give a monkeys what anyone suggests, but if you like your bike to run like a dream, choose ESSO 99, more so if it's a toy or you do short runs.
Unquestionably better, without a doubt!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version