Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZS600 Fazer

E10 Petrol

<< < (5/5)

darrsi:

--- Quote from: robbo on 01 October 2021, 07:39:49 pm ---M&P have a product called Putoline E10 Fuel Fighter. Price is £13.63 and would treat 250 litres of petrol.(25 ml per 25 litres), container holds 250ml. I’ll no doubt carry some of this as a precaution, so that should you ever find a petrol station that’s only got E10, it won’t be a drama.

--- End quote ---

The occasional tank full of E10 isn't going to hurt our bikes though, so i wouldn't even worry about using that stuff. As explained here, all Yamaha bikes since 1990 are fully compatible with E10 fuel.

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2020/march/what-is-e10-fuel-and-is-it-safe

robbo:
Personally I'll avoid E10 like the plague. Have always used the highest octane available since I've owned the Fazer, preferably Esso Supreme+ 99 octane. A small 50 ml container with the Putoline product, kept under the seat will treat two tankfuls of E10, should I ever get caught out. On a recent trip to France/Spain, only one garage failed to have any E5 fuel. France has sold E10 for quite a few years now, but still offers E5 98 octane as an alternative. Hopefully the UK will follow suit.

darrsi:

--- Quote from: robbo on 02 October 2021, 08:13:42 am ---Personally I'll avoid E10 like the plague. Have always used the highest octane available since I've owned the Fazer, preferably Esso Supreme+ 99 octane. A small 50 ml container with the Putoline product, kept under the seat will treat two tankfuls of E10, should I ever get caught out. On a recent trip to France/Spain, only one garage failed to have any E5 fuel. France has sold E10 for quite a few years now, but still offers E5 98 octane as an alternative. Hopefully the UK will follow suit.

--- End quote ---

I was using the ESSO 99 for a couple of months and my bike was buzzing all over the place on it. Find it better than the Shell equivalent too.

StreetFzr:
It’s more the fact that a bike sitting with e10 in it will start eating the petrol tank, plus the ethanol is eating your alloy carb and brass jets etc as you use the machine. I’ll definitely be using the esso fuel from now on, my local does the 97 and one a few miles away does 99 do not too much of a detour for me

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version