Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZS600 Fazer

E10 Petrol

(1/5) > >>

Sannox:
Hi all, hope the weather is treating everyone fine. Reading in the news about new fuel ethanol mix that's coming to a forecourt near you soon. I'm assuming that the Fazers will be fine on the mix, however, hmmmm not 100% sure and can't find any official notice to say all ok, plus, never assume anything! Any thoughts?

robbo:
Have a look at the thread on this subject in the General section. That might answer some questions.

BBROWN1664:
:agree

E10 is meant to be OK in all fazer models.

Jules-C:

https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-e10-petrol
Yamaha
All Yamaha models from Model Year 1990 are compatible with E10.

Checking for my wife's Honda it comes up with the additional comments about cold weather conditions presumably an increased risk of carb icing.

Honda
E10 petrol is cleared for use in all European models with petrol engines equipped with electronic control fuel injection system (HONDA PGM-FI).

All Honda motorcycles and mopeds produced for the EU market since 1993 can use ethanol-blended gasoline up to 10% although carburettor-equipped models could experience poor driveability in cold weather conditions.

robbo:
Well I'll be avoiding like the plague, until someone else has used it for a year and reports no problems. At  present I'd rather take notice of Red Ceri's unfortunate experience, and give it a miss.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version