Date: 16-04-24  Time: 12:07 pm

Author Topic: colour code  (Read 3385 times)

butthead

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - honda cbf1000
    • View Profile
colour code
« on: 24 February 2021, 09:55:52 am »
Hi Guys, so im trying to pin down the colour of my fz6 S2,  2009 plate , im pretty sure its 'dull purplish blue'  but i cant find a colour code beyond on a white sticker , but i think the code listed under the seat 4S8F -050, refers to the silver chasis colour not the bike colour itself, i cant see another sticker , can anyone help with either the code and where to find it and any clues to the colour description 
« Last Edit: 24 February 2021, 09:57:50 am by butthead »

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
Re: colour code
« Reply #1 on: 24 February 2021, 10:47:55 am »
The model is 050 the colour code is C Metallic Blue.  ;)
« Last Edit: 24 February 2021, 05:58:47 pm by b1k3rdude »
Later

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #2 on: 24 February 2021, 11:15:35 pm »
Check out www.rsbikepaint.com/ for good matches (but don't buy their primer or lacquer, you can get cheaper but just as good versions elsewhere!)

butthead

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - honda cbf1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 February 2021, 05:02:48 pm »
Check out www.rsbikepaint.com/ for good matches (but don't buy their primer or lacquer, you can get cheaper but just as good versions elsewhere!)

well , it looks on the face of it that there is more than one metalic blue by verbal description  but might have the same paint code meaning it is the same colour blue.

so on the website steves zone with the year and model its refered to as power blue ? thats a new one, which i cant find a paint that matches that description?

http://www.steveszone.co.uk/bike/bike_fazers.shtml#:~:text=In%201999%20the%20Yamaha%20FZS600,Silver%20were%20as%20featured%20here.

I emailed a motorbike  paint supplier today with pictures and details of my bike  who replied , yes thats BMC , (a.ka.) blue metallic cocktail, which has the same 0564 paint code as deep purplish metallic !

confused ? you will be ...    im actually wondering if ,despite all different descriptions of blue , they are infact all the same blue ?

butthead

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - honda cbf1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 February 2021, 05:29:40 pm »
The model is 050 the colour code is C Metallic Blue.  ;)
[/qwell , it looks on the face of it that there is more than one metalic blue by verbal description  but might have the same paint code meaning it is the same colour blue.[/size]so on the website steves zone with the year and model its refered to as power blue ? thats a new one, which i cant find a paint that matches that description?http://www.steveszone.co.uk/bike/bike_fazers.shtml#:~:text=In%201999%20the%20Yamaha%20FZS600,Silver%20were%20as%20featured%20here.I emailed a motorbike  paint supplier today with pictures and details of my bike  who replied , yes thats BMC , (a.ka.) blue metallic cocktail, which has the same 0564 paint code as deep purplish metallic !confused ? you will be ...    im actually wondering if ,despite all different descriptions of blue , they are infact all the same blue ?uote]

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 February 2021, 09:17:23 am »
Sadly as far as I'm aware Yamaha don't sell paint beyond touch up sticks for bikes, oddly they do for outboards! They'd rather sell you a new pre painted parts :rolleyes If you don't want to buy new parts you're going to have to go the paint shop route who will match the paint.   That's as you've found out where the fun starts as they use other paints in a cocktail to match the colour and then call it whatever, some are really good at it others utter crap.  if you're thinking of doing it yourself, some makeup /supply the paint is various types of paint ready to go through a spray gun and will do it in aerosole.   

What is odd, in the picture your bike appears to have a silver frame?  Yet the frame ID label code 4S8B- 050 C is for a black frame according to a source of mine and backed up by  https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/browser/manufacturer/yamaha/bike/fz6-s-s2-black-frame/year/2009/model/fz6-shg-fazer-4s8b-2009-050-c/country/united-kingdom/colour/blue-metallic-c

Have you changed the frame or did the previous owner/s that you know of?  A good few bikes get written off due to frame damage which pushes them beyond economical repair.   Which are either sold back to owners or salvage who fit a new frame and sell it on.  I don't think frame colours are on a V5.

Later

butthead

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - honda cbf1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 February 2021, 09:44:54 am »
just checked the vin /chassis number on the frame and V5 match,  no colour listed as to frame colour on the V5 as you thought only the main bike colour , yes the colour fun mystery begins , i have my suspicion that blue met cocktail and deep purplish blue are one and the same.
i can find various sources of yamaha bike paint in touch up , aerosol or mixed paint ready for a gun , if only i coud be certain of which effin blue it actually is ! :'( [size=78%] [/size]

butthead

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - honda cbf1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 February 2021, 09:48:16 am »
http://www.steveszone.co.uk/bike/bike_fazers.shtml#:~:text=In%201999%20the%20Yamaha%20FZS600,Silver%20were%20as%20featured%20here.

this shows the blue and silver combo and mentions it the dominant colour  scheme 2009 , maybe the sticker isnt the correct sticker put on mistakenly ?

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 February 2021, 12:49:52 pm »
As said, that's where the colour match fun starts.

It's just really odd about the ID code and the frame colour.  It could be a 'parts bin' special i.e. they have parts left over from previous model runs and use them, so it's quite possible that's how you got a silver frame or that colour bodywork, it's also possible Fowlers/Yamaha have made an error with their codes!     
Later

kevinuk1

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 April 2021, 10:11:41 pm »
Hi I have exactly the same coding under my seat but my blue is lighter ? Plus it has a silver frame

My bike
My bike