Date: 04-05-24  Time: 12:56 pm

Author Topic: What is the most stupid thing you've seen another driver do . . . .  (Read 24930 times)

robcaton1234

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: What is the most stupid thing you've seen another driver do . . . .
« Reply #75 on: 27 April 2012, 11:53:18 pm »
driving home from work a couple weeks ago when white van man pulled out from a parked position, hitting my car and gouging a big dent in the side of my car starting from the passenger door all the way to the back. When i got out he had the audacity to ask me why I hadn't seen him pulling out!! I pointed to the damage to my car explaining patiently to him that the reason I didn't see him pulling out was because the front of my vehicle was already past when HE pulled OUT!!!  It gets worse.....got a phone call from my insurer last night informing me that white van man  has decided that he sustained an injury during the collision and has decided to claim damages against me.....my insurers have written to the silly bugger explaining to him that he can't claim damages when it was his fault that the collision occured.....I know it's a cliche but white van man really doesn't do himself any favours in thge popularity department......thick buggers the lot of them!!!

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 28 April 2012, 07:33:31 am »
careful....thats slander.... ;)

just consider this....the most popular vehicle is a white van, so proportionately it is quite reasonable to expect more bad driving from them...and as the vehicle is mostly used by employees not owners, engaged in multi drop tasking ... well maybe it could be said its really only to be expected....

so get off the " whitevan band wagon" !

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 28 April 2012, 10:11:05 am »
I have been in the car with my dad and he has had his arms through the steering wheel steering with elbows and peeling a satsuma whilst doing 60  down country roads..
just to top it off he let the peelings fall over the clocks and i think they stayed there for a few days before he moved them.

All my moaning just fell on deaf ears. but that's parents for you. they know best.
Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 28 April 2012, 10:39:31 am »

so get off the " whitevan band wagon" !

i used to be a multi drop white van man, and although i agree with you, some not all are really crap drivers and don't help them selves.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

AdieR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 28 April 2012, 11:28:49 am »
White van men...

Starting a new job in 2003 at a marine engineers (before the smoking ban came in), I'd been sent on my first day with another mechanic (Liam, if memory serves) to look at a fishing boat 20 miles away. He duly explained to me how everything worked at this firm, and explained also that this particular customer took a particular pride in his boat (smoking was off-limits, and to be very careful not to get the boat dirty with overalls etc). Because we couldn't smoke on the boat, we smoked in the van instead, and one of the first "tricks" he showed me was how to steer using his knees, whilst rolling a cig with wrists atop the steering wheel.....

My usual trick was to roll a load of cigs the night before, which was much easier than trying to do it on the job.