Date: 29-03-24  Time: 14:47 pm

Author Topic: Utter twat award goes to: Jordan Bikes Leeds.  (Read 1456 times)

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
Utter twat award goes to: Jordan Bikes Leeds.
« on: 29 September 2020, 08:57:08 pm »
Just spotted this on ebay -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-Yamaha-FZ1-1000-FZ1-Fazer/124348860532?hash=item1cf3c50874:g:qt0AAOSwWGFfatgq

So par for the course that a stealer is trying to palm off a 2012 as a 2013, but its so far over the book price for the a 2012 w/21k that its in a different time zone.

But that's not the best bit, look carefully at the side shots of the frame..... the main engine mounting bolt/s are missing from both sides...
 I was going to post this in thats got my goat thread, but this one is extra special so I figured it deserved its own post.

:groan
[edit - changed subject title)
« Last Edit: 07 November 2020, 02:27:31 pm by b1k3rdude »

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Utter Cnut award goes to: Jordan Bikes Leeds.
« Reply #1 on: 29 September 2020, 10:51:55 pm »
Looks like it's had frame sliders on and some idiot has removed then without replacing the original bolts 🙈

celticbiker

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 September 2020, 11:24:00 pm »
Just asked why he's selling a bike in a dangerous condition.
(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help
(")-(") him gain world domination!

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 September 2020, 11:28:51 pm »
Looks like it's had frame sliders on and some idiot has removed then without replacing the original bolts
If those are missing, what else is missing...

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: 30 September 2020, 07:53:30 am »
It is a 13 plate bike and they are not Yamaha dealers so would be a fair assumption that it is a 2013 bike. As a non-Yamaha dealer I wouldn't expect them to know all the different model year differences.

As for the missing engine bolts, it is common for all dealers (car and bike) to valet whatever comes through the door and get it advertised and only visit the workshop AFTER someone has agreed to buy it at which point tey do the service/MOT etc. No point in doing it when the vehicle arrives as it may sit there for 6 months ticking away at the MOT length etc.

Personally, I am not too worried about what it is like now, but would be worried if they let it out the door without a good check.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 September 2020, 10:19:15 am »
  • It is a 13 plate bike and they are not Yamaha dealers so would be a fair assumption that it is a 2013 bike. As a non-Yamaha dealer I wouldn't expect them to know all the different model year differences.
  • AFTER someone has agreed to buy it at which point thy do the service/MOT etc. No point in doing it when the vehicle arrives as it may sit there for 6 months ticking away at the MOT length etc.
  • The practice of gouging the customer by artificially inflating the price is prevalent on motorcycles in general, but for some bizarre reason is particularly nasty on the FZ1 model. The above 8yr old bike is £1500 over book price. For that money you can get much newer bike with more tech for money.
  • A reasonable comment, but then to take photos and make them publicly viewable...

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 September 2020, 10:42:08 am »
So par for the course that a stealer is trying to palm off a 2012 as a 2013, but its so far over the book price for the a 2012 w/21k that its in a different time zone.
13 plate was issued 01-03-13 to 31-08-13  Dealer has bike corectly advertised as 2013 - 13 plate. 

The missing bolts are interesting, but as BBROWN points out that should be corrected when it goes through their workshop.  One wonders what muppit thought it was a good idea to remove them.
It is up to the shop to price the bike.  Demand recently has been high and used prices have probably increased, but it will soon turn to a buyers market. If you are interested but don't like the price, simple, don't buy.

BBROWN edit:  Corrected the end date for 13 registrations
« Last Edit: 30 September 2020, 12:25:41 pm by BBROWN1664 »

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: 30 September 2020, 12:24:56 pm »

• A reasonable comment, but then to take photos and make them publicly viewable...

How else would they advertise it?
    Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

celticbiker

• Club Racer
      • Main bike:
        Fazer8
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: 30 September 2020, 01:48:40 pm »
    Here's his reply

Good Morning, The reason the bolts are missing is that the previous owner wanted to keep his R&G Crash protection. We have since fitted new bolts.
    Kind regards
    Dylan
    (\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
    (x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help
    (")-(") him gain world domination!

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
    • GP Hero
      • Main bike:
        FZS 1000 Gen1
      • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: 30 September 2020, 04:28:13 pm »
    Mystery of the missing bolts solved. 

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
    • Global Moderator
    • GP Hero
      • Main bike:
        FZ1 Faired Gen2
      • - GSF 1250
      • View Profile
    dealers trying to rip customers
    « Reply #10 on: 30 September 2020, 05:31:48 pm »
    Regarding the bike being a 2012, if we had vin number and asked Yamaha, they would confirm its actually a 2012 model. Reg numbers are a means to end, a way for a dealer to artificially charge more for a vehicle than its actually worth. A few months back I spotted FZ1 being sold as a 2015 with a few k on the clock, but when I queried the reg with Yamaha, they confirmed it was actually another 2012. This was a Yamaha dealer and obviously the bike had sat on the forecourt for some time, so was the dealer being disingenuous or worse being fraudulent..?

Regarding the buyers market, are we saying its wrong to call out dealers trying to rip customers..?

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
    • GP Hero
      • Main bike:
        FZS 1000 Gen1
      • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: 30 September 2020, 07:05:55 pm »
     The age of the bike is generally taken from when it is first registered.  If you have worked out that it is late registered, well that’s a good bargaining tool, but only if there are significant differences between the models.

As for price, that is up to the dealer.  If they ask too much they will get stuck with it. 

As for a buyers’ market, a buyers’ market is where the buyer calls the price.  Since lockdown was lifted, at least in the trade, it has been a sellers’ market, demand for used bikes has been high and supply low.  I think that will slowly change.

But frankly I’m at a loss as to why you are getting your knickers in a twist over that add. Seems a genuine ad to me.  I am toying with the idea of adding an FZ1 to my garage, but that one doesn’t interest me (lowering kit for one thing) plus it is the wrong time for me to buy.