Date: 28-03-24  Time: 11:49 am

Author Topic: Whoever posts last is best  (Read 145073 times)

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Re: Whoever posts last is best
« Reply #850 on: 14 February 2022, 10:47:53 am »
Yep. Recommission nuclear power stations, get fracking and invest in North Sea oil. Cancel the green tax……..sorted :thumbup

Haha lol - nope.

EV's are too heavy. It's already accepted that they burn through brakes quicker and as for tyres, where does all of the worn off rubber particles go? (say's he with a 2 ton 3 Litre V6 Diesel :rollin :rollin :rollin [size=78%]) [/size]

What's really needed is to match a lightweight composite chassis with a decent electric motor - almost like a Reliant Scimitar :eek  and for the really green customers (you know the ones, they've bought C1's in the past) they could have the three wheeled version  :lol :lol

Interesting reports on some news feeds at the weekend, suppliers to drain electric cars overnight to boost supply to the grid. :rolleyes

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: 15 February 2022, 08:11:41 pm »
Yep. Recommission nuclear power stations, get fracking and invest in North Sea oil. Cancel the green tax……..sorted :thumbup

Haha lol - nope.

EV's are too heavy. It's already accepted that they burn through brakes quicker and as for tyres, where does all of the worn off rubber particles go? (say's he with a 2 ton 3 Litre V6 Diesel :rollin :rollin :rollin [size=78%]) [/size]

What's really needed is to match a lightweight composite chassis with a decent electric motor - almost like a Reliant Scimitar :eek  and for the really green customers (you know the ones, they've bought C1's in the past) they could have the three wheeled version  :lol :lol

Interesting reports on some news feeds at the weekend, suppliers to drain electric cars overnight to boost supply to the grid. :rolleyes

hehe - would love that too happen. It would wipe the smugness of some of them.........

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: 18 February 2022, 10:45:47 am »
The high cost of replacement batteries in EVs, cropped up on the news this morning. This lead to the fact that due to their increase weight, tyre wear is accelerated as well as brake pad life shortened as there's no engine braking. They went on to say that some areas where EVs have become popular, the  air quality has in fact decreased. :eek
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: 18 February 2022, 04:56:24 pm »
Our local coal fired power station has now been continuously burning since the beginning of November, well past its closure date now. My youngest lass has 4 horses and a trailer, and competes them throughout the midlands. Taking them  out to a show/competition looks like becoming an impossible task, 50 miles each way pulling the trailer with two three quarter ton equines loaded. Doubtless hundreds of thousands like us in similar situations, showgrounds/yards unlikely to provide charging points and normally stay for only around three to four hours. This mad dash for electric has to stop until we have the generating capacity and vehicles to maintain our society as we would want

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: 19 February 2022, 12:52:59 pm »
Looks like it will be curtains for the Fazer then  :'( :'( :lol :lol
« Last Edit: 19 February 2022, 12:53:33 pm by fazerscotty »

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: 19 February 2022, 12:54:40 pm »
Why, why the F*** does it do that? I was not lying down when I took that picture......... :rolleyes

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: 20 February 2022, 02:18:39 pm »
Why, why the F*** does it do that? I was not lying down when I took that picture......... :rolleyes
:lol

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: 21 February 2022, 03:33:39 pm »
Been in Hungary for 24 hours - haven't seen any bikes over 50cc!  :eek

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: 22 February 2022, 07:05:44 am »
Maybe it’s a time of the year thing. Loads of organised tours offered by companies, both on road and adventure tours. What’s the weather like?

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: 22 February 2022, 04:47:29 pm »
Maybe it’s a time of the year thing. Loads of organised tours offered by companies, both on road and adventure tours. What’s the weather like?

Bright & sunny. 12 degs C during the day. Had a good walk around the town I'm in (Bekescsaba) - definitely not a tourist destination  :lol

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: 26 February 2022, 08:40:16 am »

Bright & sunny. 12 degs C during the day. Had a good walk around the town I'm in (Bekescsaba) - definitely not a tourist destination  :lol
Are you back in the UK now?

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: 28 February 2022, 10:33:57 am »

Are you back in the UK now?

Yes - I think my timing was impeccable! Extra security at every airport meant nearly missing the connecting flights  :eek .
A very interesting place to go to - however, the local political scene leaves a lot to be desired.........

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: 01 March 2022, 11:26:31 pm »
Must have been well scary :eek

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: 06 March 2022, 01:55:15 pm »
Must have been well scary :eek
Wasn't to bad. I do feel sorry for the locals though - the Hungarian government is pro Putin. They have national elections in April and it would appear that the top post has already been paid for (again!).

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: 06 March 2022, 04:54:45 pm »
Having watched a lot of the live news from Ukraine over the last week or so, the grit and determination of the population, became more than evident. I watched a documentary film on Netflix, Winter on Fire. It certainly gave an insight how a city’s residents can really strive against adversity, no matter how ill quipped they were. Certainly made an impact on me.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: 07 March 2022, 08:54:43 pm »
Having watched a lot of the live news from Ukraine over the last week or so, the grit and determination of the population, became more than evident. I watched a documentary film on Netflix, Winter on Fire. It certainly gave an insight how a city’s residents can really strive against adversity, no matter how ill quipped they were. Certainly made an impact on me.

What worries me a tad, is that Putin is former KGB (Cold War) - he's looking at reclaiming the territories that went from their control when the wall came down. With that as a target, he will not tolerate any humiliation from the West/NATO. If he becomes humiliated in anyway (example withdrawal from Ukraine), I wouldn't be surprised to see a limited nuclear strike, which would be closely followed up by a retaliatory strike from the Alliance. Then it snowballs from tit for tat into China having a go at Taiwan, to antagonise the US into making a bad move.
Putin will certainly go down in history for something - lets hope its more humanitarian than starting the end of the world as we know it. Some people will regard this as a conspiracy theory, along with a tin foil hat, but................ 

Captain Haddock

• Club Racer
  • Miserable Foccer.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XT600E & TDM850 Mk2
    • View Profile
    • Gone boating!
« Reply #866 on: 08 March 2022, 08:16:25 am »
Were hoping it's conspiracy theory but so very easy to happen with a megalomaniac like putin, lets hope someone inside gets to him first.
Save the planet...It's the only one with beer!

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: 08 March 2022, 08:46:12 am »
The crying shame is the inability to provide no fly zones, as much as we would like and as much as Zelensky pleads for it, as this would play straight into Putins hands, with the threat of a horrific result. As fazerscotty said, he’s trying to rewrite history and re-establish former territories. Maybe NATO ought to sign up Finland and Sweden a bit sharpish, as Putin is acting like the worst playground bully, that no-one, at present, can do anything about.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: 11 March 2022, 02:17:05 pm »
And of course, lets not forget that he's terminally ill, so nothing personal to lose.
I did see a news article somewhere that stated he may have Parkinson's - can you imagine the scene in the Kremlin?
"I didn't mean to push the button - it's the shakes!"

Which I suppose is only a little better that Dementia...

"It wasn't me - don't remember invading Ukraine"

If you look back at history, just after World War 1, the Ukraine has been picked on time and time again by "Mother" Russia. Stalin was no innocent!

Captain Haddock

• Club Racer
  • Miserable Foccer.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XT600E & TDM850 Mk2
    • View Profile
    • Gone boating!
« Reply #869 on: 11 March 2022, 03:17:07 pm »

That reminds me of the spitting image special for ronnie regan, "The presidents brain is missing"  :lol I know it's no laughing matter but that jumped straight into my head.
« Last Edit: 11 March 2022, 03:17:38 pm by Captain Haddock »
Save the planet...It's the only one with beer!

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: 16 March 2022, 07:08:24 pm »

That reminds me of the spitting image special for ronnie regan, "The presidents brain is missing"  :lol I know it's no laughing matter but that jumped straight into my head.

I have vague memories of that sketch... :rollin :rollin :rollin

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: 17 March 2022, 08:49:46 am »
Despite Regan’s gaffes, I think I’d prefer him in the US driving seat, than Sleepy Joe. :lol

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: 21 March 2022, 12:48:41 pm »
Despite Regan’s gaffes, I think I’d prefer him in the US driving seat, than Sleepy Joe. :lol

Plus one on that...

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: 21 March 2022, 08:00:49 pm »
Any news on your Ivanizing project. Sun's coming out, it's Fazertime :lol

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: 21 March 2022, 08:08:49 pm »
Any news on your Ivanizing project. Sun's coming out, it's Fazertime :lol

Carbs are off, currently wrapped in a pillowcase. Work has gone ballistic, so as the saying goes, I'm making hay whilst the sun shines (and not doing anything else!)

SWMBO wants to go out on the bikes on Friday (Its her birthday), so the 600 Divvy which has been parked outside through the winter with everything connected (without an optimate) was resurrected a couple of days ago. Just need to see if the 750 Shadow will play nicely. Its been in the garage, optimated and covered in a duvet since last September!
I'll do that whilst she's cooking my breakfast on Friday morning  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin