Date: 24-04-24  Time: 02:59 am

Author Topic: Problems  (Read 1256 times)

Grant1Shepherd

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Problems
« on: 12 May 2017, 02:24:44 pm »
Hi guys

Over the last week my 2001 FZS 600 has ran into a lot of problems (A LOT) she is all fixed and running again for now however it has left me needing some things.

The fuel hose leaked and now I am looking for 9mm reinforced fuel hose to replace the temp fix it's got now.
I also change the chain and sprockets and now desperately need the upgraded lock nut and tap for the front sprocket as mine still has the dodgy original one.

Hope someone can help me with links to these items, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
Re: Problems
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2017, 03:33:36 pm »
Upgraded Sprocket nut: http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/yamaha/fzs_600_fazer_sp/00/picture/sprocket_front_retaining_nut_kit_oem/

You can probably get other stuff you need on that site as well, otherwise I shockingly found evilbay to be very helpful finding parts I've needed.
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

daviee

« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2017, 06:56:49 pm »
i reused the standard nut and lock washer if its put on properly it wont come off and a bit of fuel pit is hardly an major problem

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2017, 08:07:35 pm »
Try a local motor factors for the fuel line,  a lot of them sell it per metre.

Grant1Shepherd

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2017, 09:14:34 pm »
Upgraded Sprocket nut: http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/yamaha/fzs_600_fazer_sp/00/picture/sprocket_front_retaining_nut_kit_oem/

You can probably get other stuff you need on that site as well, otherwise I shockingly found evilbay to be very helpful finding parts I've needed.

Thanks mate, that's cheaper than expected, was so annoyed to find the original sprocket nut and tab on it when I thought everyone would of changed them when Yamaha released an upgraded nut  :rolleyes

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2017, 09:52:02 pm »

Thanks mate, that's cheaper than expected, was so annoyed to find the original sprocket nut and tab on it when I thought everyone would of changed them when Yamaha released an upgraded nut  :rolleyes

Mine never had the new nut either, I was just so lucky that when I changed my chain and sprockets a few months back that I never lost any of the thread as the old nut was hanging off and the lock washer was all chewed up.
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

Grant1Shepherd

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 May 2017, 10:06:26 pm »

Mine never had the new nut either, I was just so lucky that when I changed my chain and sprockets a few months back that I never lost any of the thread as the old nut was hanging off and the lock washer was all chewed up.

Similar story with mine, it was literally hard tight :eek
« Last Edit: 12 May 2017, 10:07:18 pm by Grant1Shepherd »