Date: 26-04-24  Time: 04:08 am

Author Topic: How much information do you tell your insurance company  (Read 4226 times)

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: How much information do you tell your insurance company
« Reply #25 on: 03 March 2017, 06:53:07 pm »
Do I have to tell them about the rear hugger as well? Do they need my inside leg measurement  as well lol.

Yeah and your dick length, number of sexual partners in the past 6 months, colour of any discharge etc etc also if you've missed any mortgage payments and if you've ever been sold ppi

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03 March 2017, 07:38:21 pm »
I doubt if the air in the tyres is original either :lol
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

teecee90

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 05 March 2017, 12:21:51 pm »
It's all nonsense in my opinion. Unless you've done something drastic like fit a turbo, I wouldn't worry about it. Standard mods like adjustable levers, after market end-cans, huggers, shock upgrades, fork spring upgrades etc aren't going to make you a bigger risk and most insurance companies will either never know or don't care about these type of mods. Thing is, if the insurance company wants to get out of paying then they could probably get you on something if they really want to. A mate of mine has had two bikes recently which he found out had the wrong size tyres fitted. Strictly speaking that is also a modification, but one he knew nothing about until he had the tyres changed. I really wouldn't worry about it.... hopefully the chances of having to claim AND to fight the insurance company for a pay-out are low enough not to have to be too concerned. If it happens to me I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
FZS 1000 Gen1 (2003)
Tiger 900 GT Pro (2020)

seangee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 16 Tiger Sport, 21 1290 SAS
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07 March 2017, 12:25:15 am »
I had a bike written off. Since it was declared a cat B and I coudn't buy it back (and I was getting another Fazer) I asked the insurance if I could take back the can, shock, rearsets and a few other bits and bobs which were all undamaged and undeclared. They said fine, as I had not declared them I could do what I liked as long as I replaced them with the OE kit.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Ricky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07 March 2017, 11:13:27 am »
That  is very interesting,  did they not give you any trouble about  not declaring the items? Who was the insurance  company? Never  herd  that before.