Date: 18-04-24  Time: 08:51 am

Author Topic: BBZ Fabric Handguard - Multi Fit has anyone tried these!  (Read 3345 times)

Townhill

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • - KTM
    • View Profile
BBZ Fabric Handguard - Multi Fit has anyone tried these!
« on: 08 February 2017, 11:28:45 am »

Hiya guys,
                 As title says has anyone tried the Barkbuster BBZ Handguards - multi fit. They seem a really good buy these and will probably do the job for the Fazer 600 and others. Not the best looking but will only take a couple of minutes to fit and take off for summer use. Not bothered what they look like providing they do the job Spring and Autumn.
                                                                               Steve
Your only here once! GET A LIFE GET A BIKE in it.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: BBZ Fabric Handguard - Multi Fit has anyone tried these!
« Reply #1 on: 08 February 2017, 11:37:10 am »
Googled it and the first two hits that came up have both been hacked to send you to a "meds site"
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Malc

Old enough to know better.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 February 2017, 12:53:41 pm »
I found a utube of them and I like the look and the sound of these they are sort of a cross between muffs (which are massive and look horrible) and guards that bang the fzs 600 fairing.
Cant work out how they fit looks like you take your bar end screw out leaving your bar end and add a spacer between the end and the guard and then use the longer screw provided. But not sure 

Townhill

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • - KTM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 February 2017, 01:13:05 pm »

I found a utube of them and I like the look and the sound of these they are sort of a cross between muffs (which are massive and look horrible) and guards that bang the fzs 600 fairing.
Cant work out how they fit looks like you take your bar end screw out leaving your bar end and add a spacer between the end and the guard and then use the longer screw provided. But not sure

Yes I like the look of them just wondering before I take the plunge if any one on this site has tried them. That way I will know if they are fit for purpose thank you to all. Steve.

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 February 2017, 03:02:59 pm »
If they're firm enough to avoid collapsing when at speed and flexible enough to bend away from the fairing when on full lock, they sound ideal.
Though at £100-ish perhaps a bit pricey compared to the £13 "universal" ones on ebay.

Townhill

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • - KTM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 February 2017, 03:20:49 pm »

If they're firm enough to avoid collapsing when at speed and flexible enough to bend away from the fairing when on full lock, they sound ideal.
Though at £100-ish perhaps a bit pricey compared to the £13 "universal" ones on ebay.

I was just thinking of them being fabric they wont damage the fairing when turning the lock on the bike. I've seen them somewhere for around the £75 mark.
                                                            Steve

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 February 2017, 03:51:10 pm »
Yep I think these may be the answer, also my google search shows them between 75-85. Better protection than guards better looking than muffs. Still a bit pricey (never satisfied me )
I am more than happy for you to buy them first Steve and give a full report before I buy them.   

Townhill

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • - KTM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 February 2017, 04:18:01 pm »

Cheers Fazersharp,
                               That's proper decent of you thank you, I will just hang on a bit. There will be some one hopefully on here who has tried them. I don't get the fazer until Friday this week. I have had heated grips put on this was just added protection might see how I fair with the heated grips first. But if they aren't warm enough then the guards will be going on I like comfort when out riding.
                        Steve.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 February 2017, 05:11:49 pm »

Cheers Fazersharp,
   might see how I fair with the heated grips first.
Nooooo you wont - you go and buy them to test them before then spend my money on them.
Got an idea. We can go half's and have one each to test if we both like then we go 1/2s on another set, If one of us like it and one not then we can buy the other off each other.

Seriously though I very much doubt that anyone on here has tried these as the subject comes up every winter and I have been on every post about hand guards and they have never been mentioned.           

Townhill

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • - KTM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 February 2017, 05:39:15 pm »

I will see how I go fazersharp I have no problem buying them if I need more than the heated grips. I have barkbusters and heated grips on the KTM but that is a naked bike with no restrictions.
                                                                       Steve

seangee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 16 Tiger Sport, 21 1290 SAS
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 February 2017, 10:33:37 pm »

Cheers Fazersharp,
Nooooo you wont - you go and buy them to test them before then spend my money on them.
Got an idea. We can go half's and have one each to test if we both like then we go 1/2s on another set, If one of us like it and one not then we can buy the other off each other.

Seriously though I very much doubt that anyone on here has tried these as the subject comes up every winter and I have been on every post about hand guards and they have never been mentioned.         
I've got some. Think they are great. Been commuting 170 miles per day throughout Winter. Absolutely fine at motorway speeds. No bending or flapping and they don't restrict access to your controls.
They are more like oversized handguards than muffs. so they won't MAKE your hands warm - but they will keep the wind off.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Townhill

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • - KTM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 February 2017, 10:40:36 pm »

Cheers Fazersharp,

I've got some. Think they are great. Been commuting 170 miles per day throughout Winter. Absolutely fine at motorway speeds. No bending or flapping and they don't restrict access to your controls.
They are more like oversized handguards than muffs. so they won't MAKE your hands warm - but they will keep the wind off.

Cheers for info seangee but what they like on full lock onto the fairing. Do they get caught rub against the fairing how restrictive are they. Thank you Steve.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 February 2017, 11:13:22 am »

Cheers Fazersharp,

Thats some good info there about not bending at M way speeds  but are they on an FZS600, as the main reason the FZS cannot take guards is that they hit the fairing I know that they are supposed to flex but would like to know exactly how much they hit the fairing.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 February 2017, 12:12:47 am »

Cheers Fazersharp,
                               That's proper decent of you thank you, I will just hang on a bit. There will be some one hopefully on here who has tried them. I don't get the fazer until Friday this week. I have had heated grips put on this was just added protection might see how I fair with the heated grips first. But if they aren't warm enough then the guards will be going on I like comfort when out riding.
                        Steve.

Sharpie just tell him you have some and that they really are the answer to cold fingers, say stuff like I don't even need gloves on in the winter anymore because they are so effective, he rushes off and buys them and either say he agrees that they are brilliant then you know to buy them, it he calls you every expletive under the sun you know they are shit and to avoid them.
Jobs-a-gudun

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 13 February 2017, 06:21:06 am »
I can't imagine them fitting a bog standard Fazer, i know they certainly won't go near my bike as i only have millimetres to spare between the bars and fairing, and from the pictures i've seen, and measurements, these look quite big.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 February 2017, 09:30:03 am »
They certainly will touch the fairing and mirrors on the 98 FZS600 but I doubt that will be a problem.
If you look at the pics of my cheap handguards you can see it's the top of the guard that touches, this is where the Barkbusters look like fabric rather than rigid plastic so shouldn't apply any significant force to either mirrors or fairing.
My set-up is only a nuisance when parking, there's slight resistance when pushing the bars far enough to engage the steering lock, there is no problem when actually riding.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 February 2017, 09:17:10 pm »
They certainly will touch the fairing and mirrors on the 98 FZS600 but I doubt that will be a problem.
If you look at the pics of my cheap handguards you can see it's the top of the guard that touches, this is where the Barkbusters look like fabric rather than rigid plastic so shouldn't apply any significant force to either mirrors or fairing.
My set-up is only a nuisance when parking, there's slight resistance when pushing the bars far enough to engage the steering lock, there is no problem when actually riding.

They would most likely be fine on the Foxeye as I think the mirror stalks are longer than they are on the Boxeye.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 February 2017, 11:27:33 pm »

They would most likely be fine on the Foxeye as I think the mirror stalks are longer than they are on the Boxeye.

How the FOC can you see where you are going with that wardrobe mirror on your screen

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.