Date: 30-04-24  Time: 09:05 am

Author Topic: exup cable routing  (Read 2253 times)

fazer-rat

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - thunderace
    • View Profile
exup cable routing
« on: 12 July 2016, 06:04:46 pm »
hi all
a couple of years back i bought my current gen 1 fazer and whilst mike was ivanising it he informed me there were no exup cables and the exup cover was welded in place.  later i bought a set of headers complete with exup and now also have a pair of aftermarket cables.  the servo is in place under the tank and was confirmed by mike as fully working.  i wonder if anyone has a photo that shows the routing of the cables please and which side of each pulley the cables connect to?  i would appreciate any help as i am thinking of reinstating it this coming weekend  :rolleyes

markie_wales

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KTM 950 SuperEnduro
    • View Profile
Re: exup cable routing
« Reply #1 on: 12 July 2016, 06:52:25 pm »
The routing is in the service manual - drop me a mail to markie dot wales at hotmail dot com   and I'll send you something.

cheers

Makrie

ram

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - triumph tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 July 2016, 07:38:13 pm »

fazer-rat

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - thunderace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2016, 03:46:55 pm »
The routing is in the service manual - drop me a mail to markie dot wales at hotmail dot com   and I'll send you something.

cheers

Makrie
thanks for the offer,  i got a pdf manual online so should be able to sort it now  ;)

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2016, 06:05:26 pm »
The manual will be helpful for sure.  I'd start at the valve itself.  Cable with the black anodized end goes into the right-hand loop on the cable holder.  Route the cables flat behind the crankcase and up behind the airbox, then into the dedicated cable clip on the upper right frame rail.  From there the routing to the servo is pretty intuitive - just aim to keep the curve of the cables smooth all the way.  The servo pulley is numbered to show which cable goes where.  The manual covers this.

fazer-rat

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - thunderace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 July 2016, 02:51:12 am »
The manual will be helpful for sure.  I'd start at the valve itself.  Cable with the black anodized end goes into the right-hand loop on the cable holder.  Route the cables flat behind the crankcase and up behind the airbox, then into the dedicated cable clip on the upper right frame rail.  From there the routing to the servo is pretty intuitive - just aim to keep the curve of the cables smooth all the way.  The servo pulley is numbered to show which cable goes where.  The manual covers this.
who needs a manual,,, thanks mike i feel confident to do it just from your excellent description  :D
ffs just looked at the cables and you're exactly right one of the cables is anodised black  ;)    cheers guru
« Last Edit: 14 July 2016, 02:55:42 am by fazer-rat »

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 July 2016, 07:51:14 am »
My pleasure - hope it helps. :)