Date: 27-04-24  Time: 20:16 pm

Author Topic: Quick AIS Q's  (Read 1413 times)

Mike01

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Africa Twin AS
    • View Profile
Quick AIS Q's
« on: 14 August 2015, 07:07:20 pm »
So I have blocked off the AIS but just wondering if anything needs to be disconnected or unplugged to stop it pumping against the blocked pipe?
Happy with the popping but read it needs to blocked off before dyno tuning  :(

Did a quick search but could not find an answer..
Cheers.
To become old and wise you have to have been young and stupid......

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
Re: Quick AIS Q's
« Reply #1 on: 14 August 2015, 08:11:14 pm »
Check out Pats site for removing A IS .

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 August 2015, 08:22:30 pm »
If you have blocked off the pipe and blocked off the hole in the airbox that the pipe connected to then thats it.
I have never thought about it pumping against the blocked off pipe and now I can't get the thought out of my head,  but I suppose the fumes would just go back into the engine and get burned off eventually.
Some owners must have been running their bikes for years with this mod done and I have never read anything about any potential problems that might occur.

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 August 2015, 08:35:40 pm »
Check out Pats site for removing A IS .

For Gen 1 ... OP has a Gen 2. :)

Mike01

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Africa Twin AS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 August 2015, 08:54:03 pm »
If you have blocked off the pipe and blocked off the hole in the airbox that the pipe connected to then thats it.
I have never thought about it pumping against the blocked off pipe and now I can't get the thought out of my head,  but I suppose the fumes would just go back into the engine and get burned off eventually.
Some owners must have been running their bikes for years with this mod done and I have never read anything about any potential problems that might occur.

Yep both blocked off, just can't help wondering if the ball bearing blocking the pipe is going to be shot out under the pressure build up  :lol

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 August 2015, 08:58:50 pm »
Surely you have already done the blocking off.....by doing the blocking off..............i suppose it is like stemming blood flow....you wouldnt stop the heart as it will keep pumping and whether you stem the flow close to the heart or further away it will still keep pumping........hmmmmm...my usual bullshit answers then :lol

I dunno mate but all idid is what you did and it is fine....ivans does some fancy blocking off kit but it is just superficial from what i can tell, no different to just plugging it up for free.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Mike01

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Africa Twin AS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 August 2015, 09:07:30 pm »
Surely you have already done the blocking off.....by doing the blocking off..............i suppose it is like stemming blood flow....you wouldnt stop the heart as it will keep pumping and whether you stem the flow close to the heart or further away it will still keep pumping........hmmmmm...my usual bullshit answers then

:lol :lol