Date: 16-04-24  Time: 06:17 am

Author Topic: Lewis Hamilton  (Read 14969 times)

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Lewis Hamilton
« Reply #25 on: 23 November 2014, 02:37:19 pm »
3 laps to go and Hamilton will lap Rosberg ....massa 3.7 sec behind... And still catchin...,
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 November 2014, 02:44:48 pm »
Congratulations Lewis :)

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23 November 2014, 02:47:03 pm »
Oh YESSSS!!!!! He does it .... Only british driver to win world f1 championship under 2 different teams ...,Nice...

Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23 November 2014, 02:48:30 pm »

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 23 November 2014, 02:56:01 pm »

Bet he's on a promise

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 23 November 2014, 03:30:55 pm »

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 23 November 2014, 03:31:22 pm »

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 23 November 2014, 03:32:22 pm »

J_Dub

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 23 November 2014, 04:03:44 pm »
We have a guy at work who says he used to work at Maclaren.
He said a German team are not not going to let the German driver win, expect an engine fault in Hamiltons Rosbergs car!!

Fixed for you!  :D

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 23 November 2014, 04:12:40 pm »
 :lol

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: 23 November 2014, 04:32:30 pm »
Congrats to Hamilton.

Best man won in the end and to my mind it was over at the first corner.

Double World Champion.  :thumbup

Rosburg was gracefull in his defeat.
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 23 November 2014, 04:38:48 pm »
Does not live in Britian, with his money why should he!!! He would be taxed up to the hilt to pay for all the scrounging bastards living of the state.
Well done Lewis who needs pole lol.

Cast your mind back when he stood on the podium in Barcelona and had to put up with monkey chants and banners /flags with racial slurs.

Also Roseberg was only in a position today to be challanging for the title because he took Hamilton out at the Belguim GP.

So well done Lewis so the rest can all  :foc
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 23 November 2014, 08:53:28 pm »
Does not live in Britian, with his money why should he!!! He would be taxed up to the hilt to pay for all the scrounging bastards living of the state.

The thing that gets me with his non UK tax paying is this. If as he made his way up the ranks of his sport he had crashed and put himself in a position where he could not work, he would be on benefits. He was born in the UK with many more advantages than many born else where, he has a talent and has worked at it, the opportunity is not there in all societies. Has he taken the best and then turned his back on doing his share?

BIG MAC

• Thinks custom titles are stupid!
  • GP Hero
  • New site same sh1te ;-)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ1 Fazer, FZS600
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 23 November 2014, 09:54:45 pm »

The thing that gets me with his non UK tax paying is this. If as he made his way up the ranks of his sport he had crashed and put himself in a position where he could not work, he would be on benefits. He was born in the UK with many more advantages than many born else where, he has a talent and has worked at it, the opportunity is not there in all societies. Has he taken the best and then turned his back on doing his share?
That is a very fair point - well put
The Frying Scotsman

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 23 November 2014, 10:02:34 pm »
Oh you mean like David Coultard, Nigel Mansell, Eddie Irvine to name but a few turned there back on the UK. Now I just wonder if Lewis is not that popular with some sections of the British public because he was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth.
He is an amazing talent.
Well done and credit were credit is due.

On the subject of tax avoidance what about Starbucks Coffee and companies like them.

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 23 November 2014, 10:18:22 pm »
Tax avoidance has along history.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 23 November 2014, 10:22:37 pm »
Very true and if we could all afford to do it we would.

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 23 November 2014, 11:01:49 pm »
Very true and if we could all afford to do it we would.

A negative argument. I had no answer at first thinking well who knows, its true I will never need to worry about an excessive tax bill. Then I thought of the Late Sir Norman Wisdom, he felt he owed so much to Britain that even though he lived in the Isle of Man he chose to pay UK tax.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 24 November 2014, 06:24:08 am »
We have a guy at work who says he used to work at Maclaren.
He said a German team are not not going to let the German driver win, expect an engine fault in Hamiltons Rosbergs car!!

Fixed for you!  :D

:lol the krauts got the cars mixed up!!
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #44 on: 24 November 2014, 12:16:19 pm »

Oh yes, of course, that's why we have such a *massive* 40% top tax rate with Cameron and his cronies (and UKIP!) wanting to give tax breaks which benefit(!) the most wealthy.

Meanwhile the actual figures for job seekers' benefits are much lower that the amount spent on State Pensions etc of which 0.7% (yes, that's 70 pence in every £100!) of those benefits is lost to fraud

Of course the Tories don't want you to know that, that's why their mates in the Daily Mail et al keep pushing this "blame the scroungers" message (who were *totally* to blame for the banking crisis and the 375 *billion* pounds of our money George Osborne has pumped into the financial sector!) and keep claiming they're trying to help "hard working people", not mentioning that most of the people they've got off benefits are actually either on Workfare schemes (work for nothing or we'll make you starve), Zero Hours contracts (we won't actually guarantee you'll *get* any work) or mnimum wage (which is not a *living* wage) all of which are good for massaging the figures and helping big companies increase their profits but not actually helping the poor bastards who are stuck at the bottom of the heap just trying to survive.

But, hey, Lewis only earns £15 million a year driving for Mercedes. Times are hard...

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 24 November 2014, 04:33:14 pm »
Lewis Hamilton declared it to be the best day in his life...........to be fair if Nicole Scherzinger kissed my helmet live on TV I'd feel the same too

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 24 November 2014, 04:42:17 pm »
Lewis Hamilton declared it to be the best day in his life...........to be fair if Nicole Scherzinger kissed my helmet live on TV I'd feel the same too

You beat me to it.  :rollin :rollin :rollin

(that was addressed to BBB's joke, not Nicole)  :lol
« Last Edit: 24 November 2014, 04:44:31 pm by darrsi »
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 24 November 2014, 04:53:09 pm »

You beat me to it.  :rollin :rollin :rollin

(that was addressed to BBB's joke, not Nicole)  :lol

Lewis unwittingly went in to the wrong pit a the weekend.......Nicole was not impressed and made him put it back up her pussy

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 24 November 2014, 05:10:50 pm »
We seem to have lost the plot here somewhat.
Just to toss this into the mix seeing as some are turning it political.

I watched a programme the other night some posh sounding guy who actually came from the a poor background but got an education and has made good.

He was going on about how in 2008 at the time of the crash the top wealthiest 2500 families in the UK held the equivalent wealth of 5 million middle class families. In 2014 the top 2500 wealthiest families hold the equivalent wealth of 9 million middle class families. Now how can this happen considering the country has just been through the worst recession since the 1920's?
The answer was Quantitive easing, low intrest rates, who introduced those measures. Surprise surprise the THE LAST LABOUR CHANCELLOR, Alistar Daring.
Rich people got richer and the poor got poorer. The property market crashed so what did rich folk do, put there money into Bricks & Mortar, eg:house repossessions and the like then they sat on there properties and seeing as we have a property boom again in London they cash in.
I am not a fan of Osborne or the Tories but do not blame them for everything that is currently wrong with the country.
The posh bloke also interviewed folk who are unemployed and on benefits and asked about if they were looking for work. It was a real eye opener some of the answers.
Two individuals to stick in my mind. One guy who was mid 40's explained he had a wife and two children. He got a job paying minium  wage and no fixed hours contract ? He still got some welfare benefits but had also lost some as well, rightly so. He went on to explain that he was now actually £40.00 a week worse off working than he was before so he basically got himself dismissed from the job as he was hardly able to put enough food on the table. People like him I feel sorry the guy wanted to work and was being punished for doing so. The other guy also was on minium wage, but he was cash in hand and still claiming all he could get, no doubt one day he will get caught,he knows this but says if he tells the house of plenty he will be in the same boat as the first guy.
It will not matter who is in power this lot or the other lot the rich will get richer and the poor will stay poor. A decent living wage should be everyones right, as long as you work for it. As long as you have masses of people coming into the UK from the former eastern european countries wages will remain low.

So back to the topic of the thread WELL DONE LEWIS HAMILTON ON BECOMING WORLD CHAMPION.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 24 November 2014, 05:58:07 pm »
Dare I say " our"  Lewis sure is skilled on the track,the best man won, very talented, now lets hope he gets lessons in charisma,charm,.. a personality injection :lol
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.