Date: 23-04-24  Time: 11:24 am

Author Topic: my main stand is knackered  (Read 1319 times)

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
my main stand is knackered
« on: 28 October 2014, 09:17:27 pm »
after I had my accident 5 weeks a go I havnt managed to do anything to my fazer till now, well today I fitted all the replacement parts to put my bike back on the road, when I put the bike on the main stand I noticed it was a bit sticky, while I was fitting all my replacement parts I found this

the stand is still sturdy and possibly repairable but I think a replacement is on the cards. the bike has 75k miles on it

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: my main stand is knackered
« Reply #1 on: 29 October 2014, 10:06:57 am »
I gave my bike a clean yesterday and the stand was fairly well covered with oil from the Scot oiler and the regular spraying with WD40. My stand is as solid as a rock but then my mileage is half of yours.
Whether yours could be repaired by a competent welder or would be cheaper to buy another is another thing.

Mickey
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 October 2014, 12:12:50 pm »
I gave my bike a clean yesterday and the stand was fairly well covered with oil from the Scot oiler and the regular spraying with WD40. My stand is as solid as a rock but then my mileage is half of yours.
Whether yours could be repaired by a competent welder or would be cheaper to buy another is another thing.

Mickey
I have managed to buy a good used stand off ebay, there are not too many for sale, I will have a go at repairing the old one when I take it off as I have a welder, but it depends on how bad the rest of it is.

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 November 2014, 07:38:56 pm »
Nice one, I'm glad you've got it sorted.

Mickey
Sent from my villa in the South of France.