Date: 27-04-24  Time: 18:26 pm

Author Topic: Attachable tank bag  (Read 3531 times)

Krezi

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Attachable tank bag
« on: 13 July 2014, 08:57:44 pm »
Hi Guys,

Fed up with magnet tank bag especially in wet and also due to scratches. Anybody using the attachable ones? What's out there fitting our bike?

Thanks
Paul

woodwizzard

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Attachable tank bag
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2014, 09:07:22 pm »
Got a baglux tank cover with the bag that clips to that. Was fitted when I bought the bike, never used it, but looks a good bit of kit.

gixersix

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2014, 11:10:41 pm »
Already had Baglux kit on my other bike (GSXR600SRAD) so got a tank cover for the Fazer too, so I can use the same kit on both bikes.
Completely invaluable on long or short trips.
Got a Baglux cover; an Alpha Tank Bag plus a small day-bag with shoulder strap (the only problem with that is it's a bit "hand-baggy"  :eek  but brilliant for fags, phone, sunglasses, and all that other shit you don't want in your pockets) There's map pockets on top of both, but a quick look on the Bagster site and I can't see the small bag on sale any more?
[/size]The Alpha expands massively and that, plus a pair of Oxford First Time soft-panniers get me to the TT every year, including all the crap you need for 9 days in a place with highly variable weather.
[/size]As I've never needed more luggage than that, I ain't bothered looking for a Givi rack and box set-up but there's plenty of those about on eBay. I may get into some longer rides into Europe next year, so the Givi might be a better set-up - my mate has a Z1000SX and I'm really envious of his Kwaka (Givi) panniers. Just click them off and carry like small suitcases into the digs to unpack.Never liked tailpacks as I can't get my leg over the seat.The mate with the SX also has one of those small bags that fit onto the fuel filler via a locking ring - that's bloody handy as it detaches quick, but is only big enough for day trips. There's a couple of types of those on FleaBay too.

GixerSix -
Z1000SX; FZS1000 Gen1; GSXR600WV SRAD; GPz550A4. TT Addict

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2014, 11:31:26 pm »
I have to disagree with the baglux lovers, I think they look hideous. Why have a lovely painted tank and cover it with tarts handbag pleather?

Get your self an SW Motech Quick lock system or the new Givi equivalent, they don't touch the tank or cause any marks to the paint.

SW Motech Engage tank bag (they do bigger and smaller versions)

Quick lock attachment fitted to fuel cap surround.

« Last Edit: 13 July 2014, 11:39:11 pm by Tmation »

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 July 2014, 09:37:53 am »
I've used Baglux covers on my last few bikes, and they've saved the tank from scratches more than once. Yeah, they don't look the best, and they ain't cheap. They look after your tank and luggage in one go. Only got the alpha bag atm, and as previously said, it can carry a huge ammount of kit, but is quite compact too.

Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 July 2014, 12:54:02 pm »
the only problem with that is it's a bit "hand-baggy"    but brilliant for fags

Homophobe
:lol :evil
Its just a ride

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 July 2014, 12:57:24 pm »
another supporter of sw motech love em

www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 July 2014, 01:07:41 pm »
I use bagster but also put wonder wed underneath as its old and can pick up grit when in storage. I also find that my turning circle is diminished with the bag attached. This is only an issue on slow manoeuvres but that's what you get with a short armed stumpy fella. It was good for waterproofs and light change of cloths for the ferry so I could leave the rest on the Fazer.

Daz
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.