Date: 27-04-24  Time: 17:15 pm

Author Topic: Recommended Travel Insurence  (Read 1554 times)

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Recommended Travel Insurence
« on: 20 May 2014, 12:34:26 am »
I is off to Germany in a few weeks and want extra travel insurance for touring and possible Nurburging that a normal insurance policy does not cover. All advice greatly received including routes round the Black forest and yes the B500 is on the cards.

Daz
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tuono RSV, YZF 1000, CBF 125
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
Re: Recommended Travel Insurence
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2014, 06:33:32 am »
Check out best biking roads for the local skinny on routes. The whole area is outstandingly beautiful though, and the roads are perfect and well maintained.

As to insurance, you will be able to cover your bike but I struggled to get cover for the ring itself. So, if you have a spill your bike will be repaired but you will have to fork out for the new armco... Maybe best to plan not to go belly up then  :lol

I don't remember the name of the insurance company I used last year, but they were very specific for post-surgical extreme sports adventure holiday cover. So unless you have just been cut open by a surgeon, you should find insurance easily.
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2014, 01:50:30 pm »
Yep, finding an insurance company to cover for the ring is hard. My insurance are not interested and actually name the Ring and the PC says NO.

Cheers

Daz

Mattsplat

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSXR750RK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2014, 03:01:12 pm »
You ARE insured to ride on the ring, its not a racetrack, its a public toll road.

The insurance company will deny that you are covered but its been taken to court a few times here and the insurance companies have lost their case.

I repeat, its a toll road.

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2014, 03:25:15 pm »
It's a toll road that's explicitly listed in a lot of UK policies as not covered. This type of clause has started coming in over the last few years, as a result of the type of court case you're talking about, Matt.

A friend of mine crashed there 10 years ago, wrote his fireblade off. The ins tried to wriggle, claiming it's a racetrack, he won then, but he wouldn't now.

Mattsplat

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSXR750RK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2014, 03:32:31 pm »
It's a toll road that's explicitly listed in a lot of UK policies as not covered. This type of clause has started coming in over the last few years, as a result of the type of court case you're talking about, Matt.

A friend of mine crashed there 10 years ago, wrote his fireblade off. The ins tried to wriggle, claiming it's a racetrack, he won then, but he wouldn't now.

Looks like your spot on Rich.
http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/insurance.php

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2014, 03:34:22 pm »
My insurance company has the no toll roads attached to it. I understand it with where the Ring is concerned but how about tool roads in general? As with all insurance companies if they can get out of covering you. How do you all find riding in France where there are many toll roads?

Daz