Date: 26-04-24  Time: 09:18 am

Author Topic: Just deserts  (Read 3668 times)

seangee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 16 Tiger Sport, 21 1290 SAS
    • View Profile
Just deserts
« on: 20 January 2014, 08:42:57 pm »
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

demic77

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Just deserts
« Reply #1 on: 20 January 2014, 09:00:34 pm »
His tourettes is nearly as bad as mine...
It will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end.

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tuono RSV, YZF 1000, CBF 125
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #2 on: 20 January 2014, 09:08:30 pm »
I love the guys commentery.

Fokkin thick coont  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :rollin
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...

Paul Kent

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 January 2014, 09:11:39 pm »
quality!

What country was that?

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 January 2014, 09:48:23 pm »
Looks like the UK to me? Roads and signs all seems right (it was a left hand drive country in any case)

Couldn't help but laugh when the doezy foccer "brake tested" the cop hahah

Paul Kent

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 January 2014, 09:58:06 pm »
It's the police car that confused me, looks like it's got red and blue roof lights

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 January 2014, 10:00:42 pm »
I thought it was in the Uk, it would not surprise me if the driver hogging the outside lane was not foreign you see more and more cars doing this and undertaking actions quite all right else where in the world. Also the pulling in on the right hand ''hard shoulder'' would be an instant reaction.

The bloke filming it was not so perfect himself in my mind I think he should have slowed down and got some distance when the car holding the outer lane started hammering his brakes on, and as he undertook the police car and the lane hugger and not sure how things would have gone if they had pulled over to the hard shoulder.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 January 2014, 10:12:35 pm »
The bloke with the camera in the car is no better at all. As said by chris.biker he doesn't hang back out of the way and actively keeps pace with the others. THEN when the cops pull over the driver see how slow he  then goes as he is spending all his time being outraged and looking in his rear view mirror.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 January 2014, 05:55:44 pm »
I never understand peoples' reactions like this. Get the fuck over it. Turn the next corner and he's out of your life forever, so what's the use getting so pissed off?  :rolleyes
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 January 2014, 06:26:23 pm »
That's road rage I guess, getting wound up over others actions that aren't really effecting you.

I'm the same :lol

headgonekneedown

• FOC-U Boris Yeltsin Impersonator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ducati monster s2r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 January 2014, 06:47:45 pm »
what country was that?
have you southerners never heard a Yorkshire accent.   :rollin

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 January 2014, 08:09:01 pm »
I thought it was in the Uk, it would not surprise me if the driver hogging the outside lane was not foreign you see more and more cars doing this and undertaking actions quite all right else where in the world. Also the pulling in on the right hand ''hard shoulder'' would be an instant reaction.

The bloke filming it was not so perfect himself in my mind I think he should have slowed down and got some distance when the car holding the outer lane started hammering his brakes on, and as he undertook the police car and the lane hugger and not sure how things would have gone if they had pulled over to the hard shoulder.

I noticed more and more recently how i keep getting blinded by car lights, especially oncoming cars coming over bridges, and have now realised it's from foreign cars that have their headlights aiming the wrong way.  :look
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 January 2014, 08:18:03 pm »

I noticed more and more recently how i keep getting blinded by car lights, especially oncoming cars coming over bridges, and have now realised it's from foreign cars that have their headlights aiming the wrong way.  :look

If you were being blinded by their headlamps, how did you come to the conclusion they were foreign cars with headlamps adjusted the wrong way?

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 January 2014, 08:52:54 pm »

If you were being blinded by their headlamps, how did you come to the conclusion they were foreign cars with headlamps adjusted the wrong way?

The steering wheel on the left was the giveaway as i gave one of them my most evil stare as they went past, then the penny dropped.  :evil :lol
But it was becoming too often anyway, and the angle of the cars should never blind me if the beams were UK spec, unless they were damaged and pointing boss eyed.  :crazy
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 January 2014, 09:06:03 pm »
Fairy snuff.

I only ask, cos it seems to me that with todays preponderance of super-bright headlamp bulbs and the fact that plenty enough UK drivers seem to have their lamps badly adjusted, it sounded a little unfair to blame it all on foreigners. But now you've mentioned it, I'm sure to be staring at them all from now on, thinking, is he a foreigner?  So I'll probably end up blind; cheers mate! :lol

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 21 January 2014, 09:33:03 pm »
Fairy snuff.

I only ask, cos it seems to me that with todays preponderance of super-bright headlamp bulbs and the fact that plenty enough UK drivers seem to have their lamps badly adjusted, it sounded a little unfair to blame it all on foreigners. But now you've mentioned it, I'm sure to be staring at them all from now on, thinking, is he a foreigner?  So I'll probably end up blind; cheers mate! :lol

But wat will ewe do wizz ze foren dryvur lyke mee 'oo eez driving ze Engleesh car?  :evil :lol
The Deef's apprentice

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 January 2014, 12:22:29 am »
Getting blinded coming over bridges, makes no differance you will still get dazzeld regardless left hooker or right hooker. I was in the UK last week driving my left hooker and no one was flashing me to complain.
What I have noticed though is the number of cars with defective lights as in bulbs out etc!
On the continient it is compulsory to carry a full set of spare bulbs in your car as well as HI Viz waistcoats enough for driver and ALL passengers, Also two reflective TRI ANGLES. Certainly the case in Spain, so you see Johonny forienger is likely as not better equiped than us BRITS, In France you have to carry your own Breathilyser kits.
Lew
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 January 2014, 12:33:29 am »
Talking of bulbs being out - the strangest thing I've seen was only 2 days ago. It was some sort of Hyundai (I wasn't paying huge attention, its a Hyundai after all...) which had only one working brake light. Rear nearside (left) was working, centre was out and offside (right) was out, HOWEVER, when he braked, all of his offside indicators illuminated :| Some crazy ass electronics going on there :P

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 January 2014, 12:36:52 am »
Getting blinded coming over bridges, makes no differance you will still get dazzeld regardless left hooker or right hooker. I was in the UK last week driving my left hooker and no one was flashing me to complain.
What I have noticed though is the number of cars with defective lights as in bulbs out etc!

Said that here http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,11402.msg122261.html#msg122261

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #19 on: 23 January 2014, 11:59:47 pm »

Tell me about it!

Last night I was coming back from a meeting and on the M27 ahead of me was a car which had *NO* rear lights!

I was trying to figure out how to inform the driver of this, but someone else had the same idea first and after some headlight flashing and arm waving, the driver at least turned on his rear fog lamp so there was *something* to make him visible.

:rolleyes

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 January 2014, 12:19:26 am »
Yep I pulled up next to a ethnic minority woman in a car with no lights on (i was also in my car) at the traffic lights and was trying to tell her, ---- but just a blank face, and she just didn't even understand my gesticulations to wind the window down to speak, She drove off in the dark.

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 January 2014, 05:38:49 pm »
It can be more common than you think.  A lot of cars up until very recently, had the sidelight circuit fused separately to the headlight circuit.  A mate once drove around for weeks thinking that just his dash lights weren't working but it turned out that the sidelight circuit fuse had blown so when he put his lights on he only had headlights and no rear lights at all.  More modern ones fuse the left and right sidelight circuits separately so you'll at least still have sidelights on one side.

My experience in France is that although the law says you must carry a spare set of bulbs, from the number of cars I've seen with lights out I assume that nowhere does it say you must fit a new one if a bulb blows.  In fact, if you did fit a new one then you are breaking the law as you are no longer carrying a full set of spare bulbs, just part of a set......