Date: 29-03-24  Time: 04:49 am

Author Topic: 2014 Euro Tour  (Read 11892 times)

ullukk

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Euro Tour
« Reply #50 on: 31 December 2013, 12:15:42 pm »
Has anyone heard of , or been done by the French for not having reflective stickers on there helmet? keep reading all kinds of stuff about motorcycle laws in France I.E no filtering no sat navs with speed camera database on,  high vis vests though I think the high vis vest has been scrapped.

Toured through France this summer gone, i also was a bit concerned about hi viz/stickers law so ended taking them along but in the end didn't use them, just left em in tank bag, don't know if i got just lucky in my fortnight or so there but i didn't have an issue at all, even got a few friendly waves from some french motorcycle bobbies!.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 01 January 2014, 05:40:24 pm »
Couple more sites that have been recommended to me that might be of help to those planning a Euro tour:

http://www.alpineroads.com/

http://alanrogers.com/guides/?gclid=CKDmyfTC3bsCFQgOwwodsjsA1w
« Last Edit: 01 January 2014, 05:41:49 pm by nick crisp »

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 01 January 2014, 06:27:39 pm »
Nick,, i think you are going over the top planning,  it is easy as chips over there,,,too easy to convince yourself every where will be hidden or closed,,WRONG,

Northern Europe is made for touring,,every where is a visitor destination,they are all geared up for you to call by, all you need is a waterproof pastic map and a tank full,,it really is easy,

There are loads of hostels,Formula one and others,only 30 euro a night,,i know you want to camp ,,there are camp sites everywhere too.
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 01 January 2014, 06:44:46 pm »
 :lol yeah, I know, I'm starting to think that (about over-planning) myself! But, looking at all the maps and biking roads sites etc is getting me a bit more familiar with what's where. I'm kinda hoping that'll help, so if for some reason somewhere isn't accessible/practical for some reason I'll at least have a few alternative ideas in mind. I think it's worth listening to the recommendations of those who have done it, gives me ideas of where to head for etc.
It's also been helpful in working out what's doable in the time I'll have. Fun to plan too, although most of it will probably go out the window come the time!

Reassuring to hear though!
« Last Edit: 01 January 2014, 06:45:48 pm by nick crisp »