Date: 23-05-24  Time: 23:58 pm

Author Topic: WANTED - FZ1s standard indicators and rear tail tidy  (Read 1630 times)

MikeyFZS1

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
WANTED - FZ1s standard indicators and rear tail tidy
« on: 20 June 2013, 01:03:04 pm »
Eyup, I'm looking for some standard indicators and a rear tail tidy (or as the Yanks say "fender eliminator") for my Gen 2 FZ1s if anyone has any they would like to sell, cheers, Mike
It's been real, it's been great, but it's not been REAL great.........

Ben Diesel

• Foc-u Pikey
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR750FS FJR1300
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED - FZ1s standard indicators and rear tail tidy
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2013, 08:01:22 pm »
I might be able to help you out there Buddy. Can you wait until Saturday for an update? I need to get home and up in the loft to check.

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2013, 08:12:25 pm »
If Bendiesel can't help you out, I think I've still got mine tucked away somewhere.
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

MikeyFZS1

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 June 2013, 08:54:58 am »
Great, thanks guys, tracking down a set on FleaBay has been a nightmare as they only seem to come up in ones ! Cheers, Mike

flesh

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 June 2013, 07:22:33 pm »
As there are 2 of you with indicators, I'd be interested in the standard indicators from one of you aswell  ;)

Ben Diesel

• Foc-u Pikey
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR750FS FJR1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 June 2013, 06:24:27 pm »
Right, I'm home now and off up a ladder into the spares warehouse that I call the loft.

Back soon...

Ben Diesel

• Foc-u Pikey
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR750FS FJR1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 June 2013, 06:51:26 pm »
OK, back from the loft.

Mikey, not sure from your request whether you wanted the original equipment clunky FZ1S rear number plate and indicator, or an after-market reduced size lightweight tail tidy. What I have got is the factory fitted OE version. It's used, but in good condition, I bought it as a spare and have never needed it.

In addition, I have two complete matching pairs of indicators, not sure if they are fronts or rears, with the wedge shaped securing plugs that hold them into the fairing/tail piece. Again, I bought them as spares and never needed them. They are all used but in good aesthetic condition, they have no road rash scrapes on them. Not sure if they all have working bulbs in them, though. 

Downside - whoever removed them from the donor bike simply cut the cables, so they come without the bullet plugs. If you're a dab-hand at soldering, you could fit new bullet plugs; but I reckon the cables are cut quite short so they may need a complete rewire instead.

If any of the above puts you off taking them from me, absolutely no problem at all, there's no obligation.

They cost me something to buy and to have them posted to me, not sure how much, but I would like to at least recover what I paid for them if possible. It wouldn't have been much though, I am a renowned tight-arse.

Guys, let me know what you would like to take if anything.     

MikeyFZS1

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 June 2013, 01:16:02 pm »
Hi, thanks for hunting down your indicators, but I need some with the wiring connectors still attached as my soldering skills are useless to say the least, but thanks for looking. I'm after an aftermarket tail tidy, again thanks for letting me know what you have, cheers, Mike