Date: 17-05-24  Time: 19:36 pm

Author Topic: Newbie From Glasgow  (Read 1570 times)

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Newbie From Glasgow
« on: 01 June 2013, 03:49:30 pm »
Hi guys :)

Just signed up to the site, I'm still currently taking lessons (mod 1 of my test is booked!). I'm pretty much settled on an FZS600 when I've passed my test (my instructor has two different Fazers that I've been learning on, one is really nice to ride, really smooth. The other is much more rattly and vibey, think it needs a good service).

So yeah, thought I would sign up here and have a look around see if I can pickup any tips or common faults with the bikes for when I eventually get to buy one.

Thanks for reading, hope I can talk to some more of you soon :)

Cheers

Mick.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie From Glasgow
« Reply #1 on: 01 June 2013, 04:15:36 pm »
Welcome Mick

Plenty stuff to see here, mind theres a search option along the top,always worth a search before a post as lots o stuffs already been covered, you can stick yur name on the member map to let others know where you are ( roughly).

Excellent choice the fazer, dont be duped by so called more modern machines, i learnt on a lovely new FJ6 diversion & i thought it was the bees knees as it looked very modern & sporty unlike the old diversion.i almost thought that the fazer would be a step down but how wrong was i as the fazer kicks the arse outta it hands down 8)

Good luck with the test & the nerves, a bit daunting going into "the cage" at the dvla centres,just remember you can already do it & secretly the testers want you to pass not fail :thumbup
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 June 2013, 04:35:02 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome. And yes, I own another forum, and will of course be giving the sear button some abuse over the coming days, there is certainly a wealth of information on here, that's for sure!

Yeah, ive been practicing for an hour every day if possible, got some cones and I lay them out roughly for each particular maneuver. Its just a shame I need to practice on my vl125 which is chalk and cheese to the fazer, but the principle is the same.

robby boy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Sprint ST 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 June 2013, 04:49:53 pm »
Welcome to the forum, plenty advice on here on all things Fazer and always someone ready to help with any queries you may have.

Good luck with the tests and hope you get a good deal on a bike.
If you worried about falling off your bike, you'd never get on.

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 June 2013, 05:46:01 pm »
Hey,

welcome to the forum! Good luck with your lessons and test etc.

The fzs600 is my first big bike after passing my direct access a couple of years ago. You'll love it  8)

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.