Date: 16-05-24  Time: 19:25 pm

Author Topic: Gen 1 braided lines - 3 line set-up, pics please?  (Read 930 times)

JayB

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Gen 1 braided lines - 3 line set-up, pics please?
« on: 25 September 2012, 12:14:24 pm »
Bought a used 3 line set, just fitted but I'm not 100% happy.

They are Goodridge and use the original splitter, but the one from the splitter up to the master cyl was longer than the original, by about 4 or 5 inches.. I struggled for ages trying to sort out the best route for the hose without it either odscuring the rev counter, getting stuck against the fairing or trapped on lock.

I have ended up with it coming up in front of the bottom yoke, like original, then round the upper part of the fork leg and into the master cyl. It does not foul anywhere and stays the same distance from everything when turning lock to lock, but it seems odd to me and I am just not sure if it is OK to be overly long...?

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
Re: Gen 1 braided lines - 3 line set-up, pics please?
« Reply #1 on: 25 September 2012, 01:33:22 pm »
sounds like its not the right length to me. are u useing std bars, risers and forks not been dropped through the yokes or anything?
as its 2nd hand not much you can do other than take the top line to your local bike shop who can shorten it and put a new fitting on the end for a few quid.

JayB

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Gen 1 braided lines - 3 line set-up, pics please?
« Reply #2 on: 25 September 2012, 05:55:50 pm »
I've dropped the front about 10mm, not quite enough to matter...  :lol

Can they be altered? The fixings are an 11mm hex as I turned the unions to suit as best I could. I wish I'd bloody measured them up first.

Brakes work far better than they did before, it just looks odd and I'm waiting for some know it all to say "ooh, what's that all about?"   
 :rolleyes