Date: 30-04-24  Time: 20:39 pm

Author Topic: Winter gloves  (Read 7271 times)

purplebear7

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Honda CB1300S & Sports Sidecar
    • View Profile
Re: Winter gloves
« Reply #25 on: 01 September 2012, 12:54:10 pm »
 :)  Top of Range Heated Gloves on Fazer Group offer before eBay .. please see here in our For Sale Section. PB.

D4Delta

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03 September 2012, 10:30:54 pm »
I've still got a pair of leather mits (wool lined) which I've had since my early days of riding in the mid 60s. Much warmer than gloves, even when water leaks through in really bad weather.

Hogi

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 05 September 2012, 01:04:49 am »
Alpinestars Polar Motorcycle Gloves - a short racer style glove, fully waterproof with knuckle armour. I can vouch for the waterproof-ness after a v.wet Scotland holiday. If interested I'd check Fleabay for bargains, which is where I got mine. Despite not being top of the range gloves they are high enough up there to be too expensive in the shops  :rolleyes

see this review at Revzilla:
Alpinestars Polar Gore-Tex Gloves Review at RevZilla.com

The alternative were Dianese Scout Gore-tex, both were around £100. Happy with my final choice.

I've got Oxford heated grips fitted and have read that with them switched on, the gore-tex membrane reverses and lets water in?? I can't say that's ever happened to me mind. A mate has heated gloves and reckons they are the dogs...bit bulky like. :b
Its later than you think