Date: 28-04-24  Time: 18:16 pm

Author Topic: help please !!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1018 times)

ddtwelve

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - triumph tiger 1050
    • View Profile
help please !!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: 06 July 2012, 07:19:46 pm »
 :'( my other half has a piaggio x8 125 to got too and fro from work but today it wouldnt start even when i put the jumper pack on , took spark plug off to see if there was a spark and saw one dont know if it was strong or not with not knowing what it was like,  ive sprayed the ht box where the ht lead comes out as theres two thin wires going into it but still wouldnt start , got batt on charge now
can anyone give some pointers as this is the only transport for her as its 14miles to work  :)

p.s. we always have trouble when its wet with this bike

thanks

caretaker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - TL125 frame!
    • View Profile
Re: help please !!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 06 July 2012, 07:47:31 pm »
the clue is in the PS. there has to be a short somewhere due to damp. go over everything you can see. if it does start, try and have a good look at the electrics in total darkness if possible (ive put a blanket over my head before!. it's surprising what this shows up sometimes.

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 July 2012, 11:11:38 am »
Not sure if this applies but check the obvious first. Does it have a kill switch?  Is it in gear? Any petrol in the tank?

I remember a trip to Brighton one hot summer day and I parked next to a guy with a shiny new VFR. He looked very glum and said he had been trying to start it for 45 minutes and had called the AA in desperation.

I took a quick look, put it in neutral and it started first time  :eek

His SWMBO was most definitely NOT impressed with his mechanical abilities.

PS............ I am no mechanical whizzkid but I had done exactly the same thing on my bike the week before   :o
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

Noj

• DAS Born Again
  • Psych on a Bike.
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - R6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 July 2012, 12:43:19 pm »
I am sure I will be ridiculed for this, how ever I will ask publicly as a posed to a PM. I am sure there are others reading who are curious to know.

What is 'SWMBO' ?

'His SWMBO was most definitely NOT impressed with his mechanical abilities'.

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 July 2012, 12:47:38 pm »
she who must be obeyed!

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 July 2012, 12:58:43 pm »
Not familiar with this bike but dont some automatics have to have a brake lever pulled before they will start up? As said check wiring/switches/spray with water dispersant like ACF 50/GT85/WD40. Sounds like a damp getting where it shouldnt prob. Youd better do it now-more rain on way! :'(  Good luck!

ddtwelve

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - triumph tiger 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 July 2012, 08:55:14 pm »
got her going  :D and while the plastics were off did the oil change and fiited new advancer vacum pipe will get all plastics off front of bike and spray around wd40 :lol