Date: 28-04-24  Time: 00:56 am

Author Topic: Ivans FCE fitted but problem perhaps ??  (Read 1311 times)

Chainsaw

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Ivans FCE fitted but problem perhaps ??
« on: 04 July 2012, 11:10:44 pm »
Hi, had FCE fitted today whilst FZ1N (08) was in for service....runs so much better (much less snatchy throttle Etc) BUT now ive got the yellow Engine (management) light on permanently !? The bike appears to run fine. service garage (not official Yamaha dealer but good lads) said to take to main dealer for reset. Did that & although light is on there is no error codes ?? which is good i can hear you say :-)...however problem is if its just because ECU has got knickers in a twist about wiring loom mods and Ivans little wonder gizmo worrying it and its just the light on ....im concerned that if I do have another unrelated issue wioth bike i wont know until its TOO LATE due to light being on all the time !? Is there anyone else who has heard of this problem ? or knows how to get around it and get light off. Both dealers and myself have tried to reset but to no avail :-(

many thanks in advance if anyone can help :-)
Chainsaw...

Bracechenko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Ivans FCE fitted but problem perhaps ??
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2012, 06:11:20 pm »
I believe it'll probably be to do with the air temp sensor. Once the bike has properly warmed up after say 10 mins of riding, if you turn off the ignition and back on again the light shouldn't come on again.

Unfortunately it's something you'll have to live with (if it is that). Mine does it and there is a load of info here....

http://www.fz1-forum.com/forum/fz1-general-discussion/3053-ivans-fce.html

It's worth it for the mod though and goes away in 'summer'  :rolleyes

Chainsaw

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Ivans FCE fitted but problem perhaps ??
« Reply #2 on: 05 July 2012, 10:34:25 pm »
Ah ok thanks Bracechenko..guess ill have to live with it :-( ...as i said only concern is if a real problem occurs somewhere else i wont have any idea its happening until too late ?

thanks for reply

:-)