Date: 16-05-24  Time: 11:05 am

Author Topic: euro trip 2013  (Read 1535 times)

ddtwelve

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - triumph tiger 1050
    • View Profile
euro trip 2013
« on: 22 June 2012, 07:18:23 pm »
thinking of doing a small euro trip next year havent done any european riding just the norm sunny beaches any help would be gratefull of where to go but bear in mind will be 2 up on a fz6 and will only be going for a week  :'(

DrGadget

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
    • DrGadget
Re: euro trip 2013
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2012, 09:31:12 pm »
Not sure how you are going to manage to wait until 2013  :eek , I'm have problems waiting for this year's trip.
But if you have time to kill you could read this, http://fazerowners.yuku.com/topic/3820/France-Spain-Italy-2003-4-5-6-7-7-quot-Allez-Oop-La-Foray-qu?page=1

ddtwelve

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - triumph tiger 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 June 2012, 10:49:24 pm »
already sorted this years hols before i got my bike so gonna work out what to do next year  :lol

ddtwelve

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - triumph tiger 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 June 2012, 12:03:06 am »
anyone know of any good books to start off with ?

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 June 2012, 11:04:05 am »
Do you want to keep moving (different place every night) or ride somewhere unpack and explore the area?

If the latter I would recommend Ardennes/Eiffel Mountains area,  stay in somewhere like Aachen, Trier or across to Koblenz (do a search for bikers guest houses or stay in smaller towns). The roads in the area are fabulous, you can do the Nurburgring, Spa, Mosel river tour, Luxembourg, WW2 battlefields etc etc. Belgium for the pomme frits and Germany for Beer, Bratwurst plus cake and coffee at 3pm.

The area is an easy days ride form the Channel or Dutch ports

Alternatively go to the Harz Mountains, about an hour south af Hamburg, which is very biker friendly with fantastic roads. It straddles the old East/West border with lots to see and do.

Check out [size=78%]http://biker-hotel-harz.de/[/size] run by Chris and ex MCN?Classic Bikes Journalist .

The Harz are also an easy days ride from the dutch ports, bit further from the Channel ports though.

For both areas I use the Hull  to Rotterdam or Harwich to Hoek Van Holland overnight ferries.

Good luck

Kev

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 June 2012, 12:51:09 pm »
I would recommend Ardennes/Eiffel Mountains area,  stay in somewhere like Aachen, Trier or across to Koblenz

Hope to be going to Eiffel next weekend, the long range forecasts don't look too bad at the moment. Been there three or four times now, it's not the alps but quiet near and very nice roads/scenery   :thumbup

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 June 2012, 12:51:25 pm »
Good advice above. You could pick certain areas like those, add a few like Black Forest, Massif Central or other nice areas and spend a day or so getting there, a few days there, then wander back. Or just do a each night a different place type tour. Each have plusses & minuses. I'd say have a few different plans of what to do and where to go and check the weather forecast first. Its not much fun in the Black Forest if its pissing down and visability is 50m if you know the Massif Central is 25c and sunny.

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 June 2012, 08:06:03 am »
one of my favourite areas is kaurnetal just inside western austria , and borders on both italy and switzerland. Its  a great base to ride so many alpine areas,and a trip into switzerland wont need a vignetter as there are no motorways in the area.Plenty of biker friendly accom too...its not too far to get to stelvio pass, even southern germany.
Its a one stop on route, so spend 4 days there and back, with a 3 day stop.
Also factor in austrian fuel is cheap( relatively), welcome and hospitality exceelent , and road quality very good.

ddtwelve

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - triumph tiger 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 July 2012, 07:44:39 pm »
has anyone got a  www. telling where petrol stations are along the route from rotterdam to bad grund in germany ,as i think im going to the bike hotel if we can get in
thanks