Date: 01-05-24  Time: 00:02 am

Author Topic: hello from derbyshire  (Read 1826 times)

besy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
hello from derbyshire
« on: 28 April 2012, 06:05:40 pm »
Hi all just joined and wanted to say hello.

Just purchased a new FZ 8 and looking forward to hitting the road. Previously owned CBR600 and been riding for around 8 months.

Looks like quite a community......

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: hello from derbyshire
« Reply #1 on: 29 April 2012, 05:57:27 am »
Hello and welcome to the club. What was wrong with the CBR600 that you got rid after 8 months?

besy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
CBR6 to FZ8
« Reply #2 on: 29 April 2012, 09:02:15 am »
 Nothing really it was nice bike, 2002 and 22000 miles and in mint condition. Just didn't feel too comfy on it. A little crunched up and learning forwards made me get pins and needles in my hands after long ride. So when saw FZ8 / Fazer and road tested was loads more comfortable. Also prefer smoother engine rather than screaming engine, seems to suit my riding style better, too used to driving diesel cars I think!
Went for FZ8 rather than Fazer due to insurance cost difference, which I don't get. But was an extra £500 per year to insure Fazer where as the FZ8 was not much more than CBR6, which considering its newer I thought was reasnable.
What about you?

Farjo

• GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 April 2012, 09:49:18 am »
£500 extra? Barmy!! I'd like to test an 8 - either a FZ8 or a Fazer, but I've never seen one for sale.

besy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 April 2012, 09:55:16 am »
Yeah thought it was mad too. Surely demographics would say that a fared rider is likely to be more pratical and comfort concious. Been looking to get involved and meet up with other bikers. Got a friend on a gsxr1000 are all bikers welcome? do you meet up for rides regularly?

Farjo

• GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 April 2012, 05:55:42 pm »
Maybe unfaired bikes slow you down??? Or maybe there are so few 800s of either type that a small number of accidents has caused a statistical anomoly?

All events are ad-hoc and generally everyone on any bike is welcome. The Spring Meet is coming up if you can make that, and you could meet up with Agent Picolax (aka The Fat Lad From Derby) and ride down to the next Burton on the Water meet, which is an irregular and popular meet in the west.

besy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 April 2012, 04:00:58 am »
Yeah probably right about accident stats.

Looked at Spring meet but I think I'll struggle to get pass to that one as already planned a few things. The 'Burton' one sounds interesting as if its Burton On Trent its on my door step. How do I find out more?

Farjo

• GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 April 2012, 05:49:37 am »
Keep an eye on the Events forum, it sometimes comes up as BotW. No not Burton on Trent, it's in the Cotswolds. If that's too far you could consider suggesting your own place and date to meet up.

besy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 April 2012, 10:51:46 am »
Hi thats sounds good and not too far only 88 miles from derby. Looking at the events board seems missed one recently. I know there irregular but how often i.e. 2 - 3 months?

badger

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 April 2012, 09:05:29 pm »
hi besy, welcome to the site,  one or two of us from the derbys / notts area, will have to sort a ride out sometime soon, will be good to see how a FZ8 performs as well?
badger

Farjo

• GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 April 2012, 09:26:59 pm »
"how often" - as I say they're irregular. The club, meet-ups and web-site, is what the members make it :)

nakedadder

• "Fat lad from Derby"
    imageSept 08
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 April 2012, 10:41:59 pm »
Ey up besy, welcome to Foc-U  :)
The meet Farjo mentioned was indeed Bourton on the Water, usually happens the weekend that we change the clocks for the start of British Summer Time and is a good meet generally, with people turning up from all over the place. There's sometimes a second meet at Bourton in late September / early October, so keep a look out in events for that.
Once all this rain buggers off, there are a few of us around the Derby / Notts / Leics area so we ought to meet up somewhere and go for a play.
The Spring Meet is a brill weekend and not too far to travel, so if you can get a pass out I would definitely recommend it  :thumbup

Sent from a fat foccer sitting in front of his pooter

besy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 May 2012, 07:06:12 am »
Hi all, yeah that would be good. Let us know when u fancy a run. Chris