Date: 01-05-24  Time: 08:17 am

Author Topic: Newbie, from Portsmouth!  (Read 1392 times)

Destructo82

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Newbie, from Portsmouth!
« on: 26 March 2012, 10:22:29 pm »
Hi all,

I'm an all round newbie. 11 years ago I used to have an old cb125 for a couple of years but the big end decided to die. Life started to get all serious then and I never got round to fixing the 125 or taking my bike test. But I've finally decided the itch to get back on 2 wheels was to big to ignore, and I took the test in feb this year (valentines day in fact, much to my wife's delight!). Naturally the next day I treated myself to the fzs600 I'd been pining over!

I love my Fazer, I use it to commute, and to have a blast at the weekend so it gets some miles, and I soon decided that lifesavers at the thicker end of the speedo tend to snap your neck off. So I made an extra screen out of some acrylic and bolted it on. It might not look great, but hey, function over fashion for motorway miles...and my neck likes it!

Thanks btw...over the last month I've trawled the site and stolen loads of info to sort out the bike (my favourite being the headlight mod...twas great!)

Anyways, a few pics...

Greg.

BIG MAC

• Thinks custom titles are stupid!
  • GP Hero
  • New site same sh1te ;-)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ1 Fazer, FZS600
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie, from Portsmouth!
« Reply #1 on: 27 March 2012, 01:38:59 pm »
Hi Greg...maybe seeyou out there as I am Wlooville
The Frying Scotsman

Destructo82

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2012, 09:37:12 pm »
Excellent, I used to live in waterlooville. Went for a ride this eve out through wville, denmead, and out the back way to west meon and petersfield. We should definitely head out for a ride sometime.

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 March 2012, 06:30:29 am »
Hi Greg, nice 'screen mod'! Actually it looks OK, and it's a really tidy looking bike. Glad you've found the site useful :thumbup

purplebear7

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Honda CB1300S & Sports Sidecar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 March 2012, 08:03:48 am »

Hi There Destructo,

The Screen mod is quite good I think  8) .. and as you say 'function over fashion'.

It might be less of a 'bodge' looking if you painted those two big extra bolts and washers black .. to make them less conspicuous on the tinted screen  :eek ?

Not sure if I can welcome people in these days .. I don't have a Gen 1 anymore .. but Welcome anyway  :D

Stay Safe  ;)   Polar Bear.    Spain

Destructo82

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 March 2012, 11:51:45 pm »
Thanks all for the welcome,

Purple Bear...yeah I was thinking of getting some small socket caps to match the heads of the other screen bolts, but black spray paint sounds like a good plan...I think I've got a can of satin spray kicking about somewhere??!!!

maggot

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 April 2012, 08:00:42 pm »
Nice bike :) Im in portsmouth to we should head out for a ride sometime soon :) Im heading for a ride over to Loomies etc tom at some point (sunday 14th) if you fancy it let me know via pm :)
Before i forget!