Date: 18-05-24  Time: 00:35 am

Author Topic: rear shocker  (Read 1523 times)

Metal Merv

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
rear shocker
« on: 11 June 2016, 09:20:48 pm »
helo fz boys.as I said few weeks ago I was having probs with my rear shocker being to soft.it was getting me in a real mess in the corners and putting me off riding at a fair pace.i have tried many things to sort it out coz I never had the money fore ohlins  shock.i waited and looked on ebay fore cheaper options but no luck.gave it a break fore week or so then looked again and there was the martris shock stairing at me.in yellow and black with full adjustments that's fore me I thought price was fair.paid fore shock and got it in under a week and fitted it the next day.i could not believe the difference it was a peg down ride within 40 miles and stuck to the road doing what it should do.money well spent its changed the whole bike fore me.sorry if this a bit long winded but just wanted to share with you all.

AyJay

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
Re: rear shocker
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2016, 09:29:11 pm »
Good on you, Merv.

It's amazing the difference a good shock makes. I bought a basic Ohlins after my rear shock lost its damping and the difference was like night and day.

Metal Merv

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 June 2016, 04:11:33 pm »
so nice that I cant wait to get out on fz1 again,and what stops me blinking rain.well worth going without some things to pay fore shock.we on the same level now ayjay.

daveclark

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - bergman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 June 2016, 03:43:05 pm »
So mr merv, I take it it's a gen II? Have you altered your forks at all?
Just put a nitron on mine but not really tested it yet, just up the road and back.

Dave

Kenvis Repesco

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - YAMAHA TRX850
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 June 2016, 06:48:52 pm »
Same here, for years I thought it was a waste of money for me to buy a decent shock. I bought a Maxton RT10 shock for my Fazer and lordy, lordy I could not believe the difference and I still have got the forks to get done yet, I will again get Maxton to do the forks as I think their stuff is really good and works well, cant wait. Throw a few quid at the Fazer and being honest as an all round package its extremely hard to beat...I love em.

daveclark

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - bergman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 July 2016, 03:49:46 am »
On the gen two, just had my forks done, sat on bike, 2 clicks on left fork, 1 click on right fork, both to the right and 6 rings showing. Make sure you have correct tyre pressures. You can't do much with the original rear shock but you can dial the forks in to your new shock.
It's a ball park start if you're fitting a new rear shock!

Dave