Author Topic: clutch  (Read 1343 times)

Metal Merv

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
clutch
« on: 17 February 2016, 09:39:26 pm »
I find my clutch engages as soon as I let lever out.it does it with std levers or after market ones.the bike has done 15,450 miles.i am able to select neutral easily plus other gears.the clutch doesn't slip or creep forward if held in gear.only had the bike 3 weeks.any ideas any body.thanks.

PaulSmith

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Versys 1000 2016
    • View Profile
Re: clutch
« Reply #1 on: 18 February 2016, 10:29:00 am »
The clutch cable is adjusted at both ends. The other adjuster is on the clutch cover (by your right ankle). Loosen it off a little to change the bit point.

Metal Merv

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 February 2016, 08:36:15 pm »
re my clutch.thanks paul had a feeling that my be the prob coz of the low mileage.i did have tank off couple of weeks ago but couldn't get to adjuster.i pulled the wires to the side but not lot of help.i also undone the the 2 bolts that bolt it to case but still unable to get to it.it seems I am going to have to take airfilter off so I can move the wires that run up the side of filter on inside of frame.thanks.

PieEater

• GP Hero
  • Thank You Melton Mowbray, Yamaha & Ivan
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 February 2016, 06:18:22 am »
I don't think that is the adjuster that PaulSmith is referring to,  however there are actually 3  adjustment points and I think you are looking at the one in the middle of the cable?  Pat's site has some more information and pictures - http://www.cartestsoftware.com/fz1/clutchcableadjustment.html
« Last Edit: 19 February 2016, 06:24:01 am by PieEater »

PaulSmith

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Versys 1000 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 February 2016, 01:36:42 pm »
The one I was talking about is just in front of the black oil filler cap and needs a 10mm spanner if my memory serves. I don't remember a third adjuster in the cable but I could be wrong.

Metal Merv

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 February 2016, 07:20:17 pm »
re my clutch prob.i have sorted it now.the problem was the adjusting nut at the engine end of the cable was on the wrong side of the cable bracket.removed cable from bracket put nut other side slight adjustment and job sorted.never saw another adjuster in line of cable.not an easy job to do with the wires in the way and the little bracket on inside of left of frame.done it at black arts suspension workshop so mick caswells hands got in there with me.bit of info for you if you want suspension set up on your fazer he very helpful.thanks for help fellow fazer boys.