Date: 30-04-24  Time: 23:54 pm

Author Topic: Acument Cat 1 Alarm- issues  (Read 694 times)

Steve

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - '06 Yamaha YBR125
    • View Profile
Acument Cat 1 Alarm- issues
« on: 09 August 2015, 10:12:08 am »
 Hi all,

Bought another FZS600 yesterday. Hopefully it's not the start of a collection? [Maybe it should be; I love the foxeye Fazers]

I'm quite happy with the bike overall- not thrilled with it but it's only with me whilst I'm sorting out its sister- another FZS600. The one thing that's nagging me is the alarm system; I've never owned an alarmed motorcycle before. The ongoing issue is that when I have stopped at traffic lights or given way to other road users, with the motorcycle in gear, stopped and the throttle on idle, the alarm will start beeping after about 30 seconds! It will begin quietly and beeping infrequently, but it steadily escalates the longer I'm waiting?! This is with the alarm supposedly off/ in 'road' mode.

It goes without saying I'm not keen on the attention and looks I'm getting; I know what I'd think if a motorcycle waiting at a junction randomly starting beeping like some kind of doomsday device.

Is there anyone reading this with any similar experiences, and hopefully solutions? I'm sure it's just an operator- my- error but the user guide reads like an Enigma Decoder.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: Acument Cat 1 Alarm- issues
« Reply #1 on: 09 August 2015, 06:50:53 pm »
Probably the indicator on warning. After the indicator is on for a while it chirps and the longer the indicators are on the louder it chirps.

Put the alarm into service mode.

With the ignition off press all 3 buttons on the remote together for 5 seconds, the indicators will flash quickly about 10 times to let you know the indicator on warning will be turned off.