Date: 01-05-24  Time: 13:53 pm

Author Topic: isle of man  (Read 2076 times)

paulchucky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - fzs1000 01
    • View Profile
isle of man
« on: 21 April 2015, 07:09:16 pm »
hi all any foccers been over riding in I O M  ? obviously the coarse etc but was wondering if anyone had any routes good roads etc to reccomend

cheers Paul   :) :)
waters wet, shit stinks !

maxzer1500

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: isle of man
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2015, 10:03:53 pm »
Depends if you like bumpy and narrow, if not stick to the main course. Can't really go wrong anywhere out of the towns though Peel to Kirkmicheal and Douglas to Laxey spring to mind, some of the others are a right roller coaster of a ride, great fun.

steeeve66

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM SD 990, CBR600FS, CB500
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 April 2015, 11:17:13 pm »
Ballcraine Corner to Kirk Michael, if you can get a clear run, is amazing.. I was there for the classic last year and, sadly, it had been speed restricted to 40 most of the way - a lot of the circuit has now unfortunately.
Someone sent me a postcard picture of the earth. On the back it said, "Wish you were here."

Steven Wright

paulchucky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - fzs1000 01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2015, 06:37:04 pm »
Depends if you like bumpy and narrow, if not stick to the main course. Can't really go wrong anywhere out of the towns though Peel to Kirkmicheal and Douglas to Laxey spring to mind, some of the others are a right roller coaster of a ride, great fun.

not scared of lofting the front  :lol :lol

davey boy

• DAS Born Again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2015, 06:43:46 pm »
Great ride down to the calf of man and a great cafe there too then up to peel
 loads of great roads just have a wander the island is small enough not to realy get lost
Even better if you have an enduro bike get out on the green lanes when the racing is on and find viewing places no one elce can get to

paulchucky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - fzs1000 01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2015, 06:31:26 pm »
Great ride down to the calf of man and a great cafe there too then up to peel
 loads of great roads just have a wander the island is small enough not to realy get lost
Even better if you have an enduro bike get out on the green lanes when the racing is on and find viewing places no one elce can get to

what do you class as "the calf of man "??

i`ve ridden the trails / green lanes over there for a few years so know my way around the trails etc just never done any road miles so apart from the tt coarse i dont know anything was hoping someone might know some interesting bits n bats
cheers paul

maxzer1500

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2015, 08:52:15 pm »
     Meant to put Douglas to Ramsey. On the main course at the bungalow take the side road off where the train tracks cross, just follow it over crossroads, just see where you end up. Even though a small island it might be worth getting a map. Port Erin to Foxdale is another goody. Mainly the back roads are nearly all worth a look and get out early to miss the traffic.

davey boy

• DAS Born Again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2015, 08:17:54 am »
The calf is the southern most point I think the little island just off shore is the calf there is a living museum of island life there too if you are into these things

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2015, 10:07:18 am »
+1 for a ride to the Calf of Man, pleasant ride and easy parking in car park overlooking the narrow stretch of water between the Calf and the mainland. Always plenty of seals swimming about there to entertain you for ten minutes.