Date: 19-05-24  Time: 22:14 pm

Author Topic: Replacing the instrument panel...  (Read 2802 times)

anutz

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600, GSXR 750
    • View Profile
Replacing the instrument panel...
« on: 30 April 2015, 04:32:41 pm »
So I would like to remove the fairing and put a new headlight on, change the instrument panel etc....whilst the bike has been without cowling for a while in the garage I actually prefer it!

Has anyone looked at these before http://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/db-01r-multi-function-200-p.asp

Its a good price and I am not sure it will be too hard to fit

Anutz!

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Replacing the instrument panel...
« Reply #1 on: 30 April 2015, 07:44:58 pm »
Anything will work and fit providing you do your homework.....
Check your wires on your bike and know what ones do what and whether you can attach them to the new loom as each company supplying them will have certain wires for certain things but not necessarily in the same colour sequence that's on your bike.
Check your bracket, can the new dials be mounted, if not, how do you fit it? Weld metal to existing bracket to take yours or if your taking the fairing off etc, how do you get a bracket made that bolts onto exciting holes etc
Changes to headlight and a screen are much the same as above, you've got to design a bracket to take them too.
So it's homework homework homework for you I think :rollin
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

anutz

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600, GSXR 750
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 April 2015, 08:23:59 pm »
thanks for the reply....more homework....cannot be as bad as the exhaust stud fiasco?

Larsdad

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 April 2015, 09:14:23 pm »
There's irony for you-
As you're trying to lose the fairing headlight and clocks, I'm working on losing the FZR600 clocks & speedo drive, dreadfull dominator headlights, and fit standard clocks, headlight (if I can ever find one) and fairing!

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 April 2015, 09:31:20 pm »
thanks for the reply....more homework....cannot be as bad as the exhaust stud fiasco?
Lol probably not as you'll be doing it to your design etc and probably be only using original mounting holes for bolting stuff to the bike :-)
Why don't you get in touch with "larsdad" andsee what he done, although he's getting rid of his, maybe you could swap??
« Last Edit: 30 April 2015, 09:32:06 pm by sinto »
Colin
----------------------

Larsdad

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 May 2015, 09:39:50 am »
Well I haven't done much, just ued it for going to  work on.
A previous owner did the mods  - naff dommy headlighs,and (as I presume a minor front ender) changed the clocks for FZR600 ones, along with a sutable cable drive for the speedo.

Now if dommy headlights weren't the mot useless headlights you can buy (trust me winter in E Yorks is no fun with them) and the modder hadn't  used terminal strip  wrapped in tape  theen I might have been happier.   Still I made a headlight relay harrness at work and at least the lights are as bright as they ever will be.

Don't get me  wrong, there are some lovely fightered Fazers out there - mine  just isn't one  of them LOL.
I'd sa go for it anuts - just do your homework and make a better job than mine!

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 May 2015, 09:50:28 am »
Some pics larsdad? so he knows what to avoid: rollin
Colin
----------------------