Date: 17-05-24  Time: 15:31 pm

Author Topic: Blue 2002 FZS600 Foxeye with around 15k miles for sale.  (Read 5104 times)

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Blue 2002 FZS600 Foxeye with around 15k miles for sale.
« on: 30 January 2014, 11:43:59 am »
Well,

I feel the time has come to let the Foxeye go, and move up to a thou. Its a Blue 2002 Foxeye, with around 15k miles (I'll confirm exact mileage tonight). Its been serviced under 1k miles ago with:

• New oil filter (K&N).
  • Oil change (Silkolene).
  • Air filter changed (OEM).
  • Iridium Spark Plugs Fitted (NGK)
  • Brake lines changed for braided lines (Goodridge 2 line front, single rear).
  • Brake fluid changed (Ferodo super DOT 4).
  • Front & Rear brake pads changed (Ferodo platinum all round).
  • Carbs Balanced.
  • New Michelin PR2 tyres front and rear.
  • New number plate (the old one was tired looking).

The bike is running great as you would expect, and Ive had no problems with it. On top of the servicing work carried out around 800-1000 miles ago, Ive also just last week bought a new Heavy Duty D.I.D chain and sprockets for the bike, which I may or may not fit (but will include them in the sale, regardless)

It also has the following bits fitted:

• Clear lens covers (with "silver" bulbs - I have the OEM orange covers too which I can include in the sale).
  • Fenda-Extender.
  • Colour coded rear hugger.
  • Engine crash bars (I think they are renntec ones).
  • Renntec sports rack (not currently fitted, but whoever buys the bike is welcome to it).
  • shiny radiator cover thingmajig. :lol
  • Scottoiler.

Included is also the OEM yamaha toolkit under the seat (all the bits are there), and I have 3 keys for it and a folder with a load of old MOT's etc.

Jobs needing done - in the interests of total honesty, the only thing the bike needs done (IMO) is that the engine block could do with a tidy up and a repaint, as it does look a bit scabby which lets the bike down. If I get a nice weekend this is somethign I may address, and it is purely cosmetic, but I feel it warrants a mention.

As said, personally I would want to replace the chain and sprockets too as I think the current ones look poorly, but a new set is included in the sale.

Here are a couple of pics:

These pictures are around 2 months old (before the michelins went on), Im happy to take more upto date pictures for anyone who wants them (though it will need to wait till the weekend before it is light enough).

I'm looking for £1700 for the bike, and it is located about 20 miles outside of Glasgow.

Any questions , fire away.

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Blue 2002 FZS600 Foxeye with around 15k miles for sale.
« Reply #1 on: 20 March 2014, 03:18:24 pm »
Back up we go....

New chain and sprockets fitted, and engine will be getting touched up this weekend as well as a good post winter deep clean. Mileage is now almost 17k miles as well. I can grab an exact figure if anyone wants it.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 March 2014, 03:45:18 pm »
Good luck with the sale, bike looks good.

Now I've seen someone on here today enquiring about the black 600 for sale but it is sold

Perhaps they'd be interested in yours Mick, mind you the fzs600 never struggles to get a buyer.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 March 2014, 05:16:15 pm »
I would like to keep it if I could, but SWMBO would pitch a fit, and a thou fits my needs much better - so I need to let it go :(

ill give it a few weeks on here then fire it on the bay and gumtree, no major rush to shift it at the moment, plus im still being picky about little bits :rollin

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 March 2014, 06:20:27 pm »
I would like to keep it if I could, but SWMBO would pitch a fit, and a thou fits my needs much better - so I need to let it go :(

ill give it a few weeks on here then fire it on the bay and gumtree, no major rush to shift it at the moment, plus im still being picky about little bits :rollin

Howdy Mick......have you bought your thou yet....and will it be a fazer.....and if so gen 1 or gen2

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 March 2014, 08:04:12 pm »

Howdy Mick......have you bought your thou yet....and will it be a fazer.....and if so gen 1 or gen2

sadly not mate, no. Ideally want to free up the funds from the 600 before going to look at a thou, or else I would need to look at loans etc. Gen 1 if I can get a goodun mate, dont think budget will stretch to a Gen 2 (and not entirely sure I would have one of those either) :o

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 March 2014, 08:14:49 pm »
Lovely bike and looked after by an OCD cleaner so it'll be in great condition. All the best with the sale mate.

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 March 2014, 07:50:38 am »

sadly not mate, no. Ideally want to free up the funds from the 600 before going to look at a thou, or else I would need to look at loans etc. Gen 1 if I can get a goodun mate, dont think budget will stretch to a Gen 2 (and not entirely sure I would have one of those either) :o

There are a quite few Gen1's around for a decent price too, but as you say budget dependant will dictate the age and condition....if you can get a modded one even better as you'll spend a quite a bit (Ivans, Shocks, exhaust, brakes etc.) unless standard suits you. Be prepared to travel to find one and take your time as I suspect when you sell the 600 and the sun comes out desperation will creep in and a rash buy could prove to be costly.

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 March 2014, 08:21:09 am »
cheers mate. I wont be rushing into buying anything unless Im sure its the one for me.

In other news! I've come out to the bike this morning to a flat tyre, so Ill pop the rear wheel off and get it to my tyre place for it opening, so it may have a new tyre on it as well, if it is not repairable  :\

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 March 2014, 10:52:45 am »
cheers mate. I wont be rushing into buying anything unless Im sure its the one for me.

In other news! I've come out to the bike this morning to a flat tyre, so Ill pop the rear wheel off and get it to my tyre place for it opening, so it may have a new tyre on it as well, if it is not repairable  :\

tyre now been repaired and back on the bike :) (was a nail - which managed to go through head first ?!?)

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 March 2014, 06:09:40 pm »
NOW SOLD

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 March 2014, 07:08:17 pm »
To another foccer no less Noggy, always the best way :)

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25 March 2014, 04:49:13 pm »
Can we close his "Recommended Bike" thread now :lol

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25 March 2014, 06:21:06 pm »
haha! lets leave that open...its giving me ideas :))

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 26 March 2014, 03:49:26 am »
Can we close his "Recommended Bike" thread now :lol
I asked the question on a Fazer forum......& it looks like the Fazer is best for me......why am i not surprised  :lol
could have cut that thread down to 3 posts
Post 1...question...what bike should i buy..i want something big and fast that handles
Post 2....answer...Gen 2 fazer thou
Post 3....after much deliberation...im gonna go for a gen 2 fazer thou. :b