Date: 28-03-24  Time: 16:21 pm

Author Topic: Down the pub - the thread about nothing and everything  (Read 112489 times)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: Down the pub - the thread about nothing and everything
« Reply #725 on: 30 November 2021, 12:08:21 am »
 :D

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: 30 November 2021, 12:08:53 am »
Perhaps buying an Xmas tree from Ikea was a mistake...

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 03 December 2021, 08:19:44 pm by darrsi »
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: 03 December 2021, 10:11:06 pm »
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/pals-yank-dead-friend-out-25612444

Ok, so I've been to a biker's funeral where the coffin was on a motorcycle hearse (billed as "don't let your last journey be on four wheels...!) but dragging the body out of the coffin and holding it on the back of a bike seems a *little* over the top  :eek

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: 03 December 2021, 10:43:26 pm »
 :thumbup

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: 10 December 2021, 11:57:51 am »
 :rollin

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: 10 December 2021, 11:58:14 am »
 :D

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: 13 December 2021, 12:21:05 am »
Well, I think the result of the Abu Dhabi Forumula 1 Grand Prix pretty much sums up the whole Formula 1 season this year...

F1 *really* needs to sort its act out, because if they're going to have rules, they need to a) stick to them and b) enforce them consistently.

Even now, although Mercedes' appeals have been rejected, it's not yet entirely who has won the championship with talk of an appeal to the FIA Court.

However what this has shown is that decisions are being made on the hoof and, then, changed, eg did Hamilton gain an advantage by cutting the corner? Should he have been told to give the place back or penalised? Maybe if it was a Turn 1 incident, right after the start it could have been looked at more leniently, but, even though Verstappen was aggressive, he stayed on the track, so, surely, should have been entitled to the position.

Then, at the end, Race Control saying the lapped cars would not pass the safety car, but, just moments later, them saying that the cars between Hamilton and Verstappen *would* be allowed to pass, meaning that Verstappen could close right up so the World Championship was not decided under a Safety Car finish, which would have been the situation in any other race.

Yes, the season has been exciting, however there's been too much controversy and it brings the credibility of whole sport into question when Hamilton had the race all but won, yet the rules seemed to be changed to make it more exciting.

Should they have done this? I don't know, but some hard questions about how races are run need to be asked.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: 13 December 2021, 03:55:46 pm »
Yesterday's race was the very first time I'd properly watched F1 and I didn't really understand what was going on but as a casual observer it did seem ridiculously unfair to Hamilton given that he led for more than half the race and even after "teamwork" from redbull mid race he proceeded to pull away from verstappen and increase his lead lap after lap, an impressive feat given the seemly poor decisions  about his tyres too. All seemed very sketchy at the end but credit to verstappen, he saw a chance and took it, can't blame him.

That being said... I hate that jumped up spoiled little prick Hamilton so I was a little happy to see him lose 🤣

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #734 on: 13 December 2021, 04:37:45 pm »
That being said... I hate that jumped up spoiled little prick Hamilton so I was a little happy to see him lose 🤣

He used to be a good driver - probably still is but with a few wins under his belt he turned into an English Schumacher - An arrogant feccer who doesnt deserve the airtime now.

With George Russell joining the team with him next year, Hamiton will have some strong competition - Hopefully Russell will be champion next year as he is showing a lot of potential.
« Last Edit: 13 December 2021, 04:39:41 pm by BBROWN1664 »
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: 13 December 2021, 09:15:29 pm »
as a casual observer it did seem ridiculously unfair to Hamilton given that he led for more than half the race and even after "teamwork" from redbull mid race

I have no problem with what Perez did by holding up Hamilton. He was perfectly entitled to try to stop LH passing as he'd not been lapped and, if you'd seen earlier in the season, Fernando Alonso did an amazing job of stopping Hamilton getting by, allowing Estaban Ocon to win the Hungarian Grand Prix, which was an incredible piece of driving, especially since Alonso sacrificed his own chances of improving his position to benefit his team mate.

I hate that jumped up spoiled little prick Hamilton so I was a little happy to see him lose 🤣

That's really unnecessary. Lewis Hamilton is a brilliant driver and has worked incredibly hard to get where he is today.

He's been subjected to racist abuse for a lot of his career, yet has risen above all of that to get to the top of the standings and to say that he's been "spoiled" is to denigrate an amazing talent.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: 13 December 2021, 09:23:26 pm »
He used to be a good driver - probably still is but with a few wins under his belt he turned into an English Schumacher - An arrogant feccer who doesnt deserve the airtime now.

If he had been "an English Schumacher" there were plenty of opportunities for him to cynically take his opponent out of the race and guarantee himself the victory. He didn't do that.

Also, during the post-race interviews, instead of saying "We was robbed", almost the first thing he did was to congratulate Verstappen and Red Bull on their victory.

With George Russell joining the team with him next year, Hamiton will have some strong competition

Russell certainly looked good when he was behind the wheel of the Mercedes in Bahrain and it was a tragedy that a radio failure ended up with him having to do another stop after he was given the wrong tyres and then suffered a puncture which cost him at least second place and possibly even a victory.

However, like it or not, he's going to be playing second fiddle to a seven times World Champion, because that's how F1 works.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: 13 December 2021, 09:26:07 pm »
as a casual observer it did seem ridiculously unfair to Hamilton given that he led for more than half the race and even after "teamwork" from redbull mid race

I have no problem with what Perez did by holding up Hamilton. He was perfectly entitled to try to stop LH passing as he'd not been lapped and, if you'd seen earlier in the season, Fernando Alonso did an amazing job of stopping Hamilton getting by, allowing Estaban Ocon to win the Hungarian Grand Prix, which was an incredible piece of driving, especially since Alonso sacrificed his own chances of improving his position to benefit his team mate.

I hate that jumped up spoiled little prick Hamilton so I was a little happy to see him lose 🤣

That's really unnecessary. Lewis Hamilton is a brilliant driver and has worked incredibly hard to get where he is today.

He's been subjected to racist abuse for a lot of his career, yet has risen above all of that to get to the top of the standings and to say that he's been "spoiled" is to denigrate an amazing talent.

Oh I'm not questioning his talent, he is an incredible driver and getting to watch him in action for the first time did more to prove that point.
I'm basing my view of his solely on his exploits away from the track. Always up on his soapbox complaining about one thing or another. Or worse when he trying to preach to the rest of us about our life choice (don't get me started on his poor "vegan" dog.
I just think the guys a bellend through and through.... don't take away from his talent.
And as for the race that has nothing to do with it,  There are no racial barriers in Formula 1. If you have enough money and talent you have has much chance as the next person. He got to where he is through talent and his Dads relentless support as a youngster 🤷‍♂️

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: 14 December 2021, 08:34:30 pm »
For me, F1 ceased to be interesting and a sporting occasion years ago. Its about money, sponsorship, marketing rights. Same goes for soccer. Played the game for years, and its changed beyond belief. Players on £250,000 a week. A WEEK :eek . Throwing themselves to the ground without contact with another player in a bid to secure an advantage, cheating bastards. Foreign owners buying clubs to launder money. Different coloured kits for almost every game, on sale in the club shops of course so little Johnny can pester mum and dad for the latest.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: 14 December 2021, 09:56:41 pm »
I'm basing my view of his solely on his exploits away from the track. Always up on his soapbox complaining about one thing or another. Or worse when he trying to preach to the rest of us about our life choice

You mean like using his own money to invest in the Extreme E EV racing series??

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: 15 December 2021, 05:55:23 pm »
Olaf the Viking is shopping at a supermarket when he comes across an old lady in a wheelchair, almost in tears.

"What's the matter?" asks Olaf.

"Oh," sobs the old lady. "I want to have a look at the frozen puddings but, as you can see, there are three steps down into the chiller cabinets."

"No problem," says Olaf, lifting her onto his back. "I'll take you."

Olaf strolls through the chiller cabinets with the old lady on his back. She selects several puddings and puts them in the basket he is carrying for her.

At the other end the old lady's husband is waiting with her wheelchair.

"I'd really like to thank you," says the old lady as Olaf sets her back down in the chair, "but I don't even know who you are!"

Olaf just waves and walks off.

"I was really worried about you," comments the old lady's husband. "What have you been doing?"

" I've been through the desserts on a Norse with no name."

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: 16 December 2021, 12:07:45 am »
 :rolleyes

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: 16 December 2021, 05:02:31 am »
I'm guessing i'm not the only one who got this email?
What would this actually mean in real terms, more spam emails?

Dear Customer,

At Worlds End Motorcycles Ltd, we respect the privacy of your personal data, which is why we are writing to let you know about a data security incident that potentially involves some of your personal data. This does not include any card or payment information as we never store these details.

On Dec 10th, 2021, we were made aware of a potential breach of the data that we hold with our service provider.

The data accessed may have included the following types of personal information:- Email address, first and last name.

We deeply regret that this incident occurred. We are fully investigating the issue with our Service Provider to ensure that no such breach can occur in the future.
We have implemented additional security measures designed to prevent future attacks and to protect your personal information and the privacy of our customers. You do not need to take any action following this email.

Sincerely

The Worlds End Group

Wemoto and WMD-Online are trading names of the Worlds End Group
« Last Edit: 16 December 2021, 05:04:55 am by darrsi »
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: 16 December 2021, 11:49:48 am »
 :rollin

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: 16 December 2021, 11:50:12 am »
Also:

Banbury cross : Cock horse

Amarillo - Ask if this is the way

Your door : Walk 500 miles

Dublin - Rocky road

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: 16 December 2021, 11:55:58 am »
Mercedes have withdrawn their appeal against the result of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, so Verstappen is confirmed as the champion.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/autosracing/mercedes-withdraws-appeal-of-formula-1-season-finale/ar-AARS9Yi?li=AAggNb9

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: 20 December 2021, 09:55:43 pm »
 :eek

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: 21 December 2021, 11:36:28 pm »
For the mathematicians out there...

Captain Haddock

• Club Racer
  • Miserable Foccer.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XT600E & TDM850 Mk2
    • View Profile
    • Gone boating!
« Reply #748 on: 23 December 2021, 09:07:49 am »
How close to the truth is this?
Save the planet...It's the only one with beer!

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: 23 December 2021, 07:44:03 pm »
Damn, two Oxfords and one Moderna, so I don't qualify :(