Date: 01-05-24  Time: 01:02 am

Author Topic: Suggestions for radiator cover?  (Read 2513 times)

msewelly

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Suggestions for radiator cover?
« on: 11 June 2014, 09:31:48 am »
Hi,

I'm after a radiator cover, so far this seems to be the best value one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-FZS-FAZER-600-RADIATOR-GRILL-/231255358482?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item35d7e4bc12
However would you say its worth the extra £20 for the "fazer" version?

Many thanks

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for radiator cover?
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2014, 11:43:41 am »
I too am on the lookout for one, nothing fancy pants like the one you are watching, infact I would prefer an old rusty one and I would paint it black as I think a silver one is a bit of a distraction when looking at the bike, a bit like those thou owners painting their rear pegs black for the same reason.
There was a thread a while back that I canot find about covers in that some just dont fit very well and need abit of bending- fetling too get them to fit nice, I would like to see that thread again for some advice on the best fit ones
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2014, 12:38:03 pm »
Hey chaps

That one on the link is the one i had & is also that one that doesn't really fit properly.

I bashed mine to death with a hammer & i flogged it to fizzy & i think he tarted it up a bit.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2014, 01:07:54 pm »
I too am on the lookout for one, nothing fancy pants like the one you are watching, infact I would prefer an old rusty one and I would paint it black as I think a silver one is a bit of a distraction when looking at the bike, a bit like those thou owners painting their rear pegs black for the same reason.
There was a thread a while back that I canot find about covers in that some just dont fit very well and need abit of bending- fetling too get them to fit nice, I would like to see that thread again for some advice on the best fit ones

the topic is on page 21 in here,but im too pc dumb to link it for ya    :pc

and i got it to fit eventualy,just think i was having a bad day originaly,which is why i contacted red 98 about it. it replaced the original rad gaurd btw

jonesthesteam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently Fazerless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 June 2014, 02:03:54 pm »
Hey chaps

That one on the link is the one i had & is also that one that doesn't really fit properly.

I bashed mine to death with a hammer & i flogged it to fizzy & i think he tarted it up a bit.

This! Had one, wouldn't fit properly , had to elongate the holes with a file, also made of very thin steel

Also had a Beowulf one which fitted perfectly so that's my recommendation

Best

Jonesy

Doddsie

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 June 2014, 02:45:57 pm »
+1 for the beowulf for fitting.

msewelly

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 June 2014, 05:53:59 pm »
Thanks for the info, thats put me off that linked cover! Is this the beowulf one you are referring to? http://www.beowulfuk.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Y002

msewelly

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile

papercutout

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 June 2014, 06:42:58 pm »

Yup - this. I had a stainless steel silver one with 'Fazer' written across it, which came on the bike. IMO that looks horrible, so I sprayed it black. Preferably I'd not have 'Fazer' written on it at all! Just plain black mesh or similar would be my preference, looks far less gaudy.